No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleg Maskaev To Rematch Corey Sanders in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleg Maskaev To Rematch Corey Sanders in October

As previously reported, former WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev (38-7, 28KOs) will return to action on a date in October. The fight is going to take place in Russia, where his two previous comeback bouts have been staged. A deal has been struck for Maskaev to rematch Corey 'T-Rex' Sanders (23-13, 15KOs). In March of 2002, Sanders was down on the cards and came back to knock Maskaev out in the eight round of a big upset at the time. But then Sanders lost his next seven fights and walked away from the sport in 2007. Although inactive since then, Sanders is still only 38 while Maskaev is 44-years-old. Maskaev himself only came back to action last December after being inactive since 2009.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol, what the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Dsanchez View Post
      Ha! I thought the same thing. Its another sanders tho
      Well, the other one passed away.

Comment

This Sanders was better than his record makes it seem and I remember him having a good fight with Golota in the 90s.

His last fight was 2007, his last win was 2002. Not exactly a great match-up.

Comment

I liked that weird-ass exhibition fight he had against Tyson. Sanders came in wearing headgear, but Tyson didn't.

Comment

Working...
          X