No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleg Maskaev To Continue His Comeback in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleg Maskaev To Continue His Comeback in October

Former WBC heavyweight champion Oleg Maskaev (38-7, 28KOs) will return to action on a date in October. The fight is going to take place in Russia, where his two previous bouts have been staged. After three years away from the sport, the 44-year-old Maskaev returned last December in Moscow and knocked out Owen Beck in three rounds. He came back again in May, this time in Saransk, and won a ten round unanimous decision over Jason Gavern. He had issues in the fight and was dropped by Gavern in the ninth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh god... he's going to fight Wilder

Comment

Well... if Wilder goes to Russia maybe.... think he'd be fine with that too

Comment

Oleg should of retired long ago.

Comment

Maskaev is 15 years past prime and should´ve stayed retired, but I believe he did something no other boxer has by stopping Vitali. (amateurs, Vitali was under 20 years old and his corner stopped the fight, correct me if I´m wrong)

Comment

Wilder will fight him

Comment

Oleg has not much left & probably needs the $$ @ his age...Gavern is a C level boxer...no top ranked boxer in his right mind goes 2 Russia 2 fight & unranked guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Maskaev is 15 years past prime and should´ve stayed retired, but I believe he did something no other boxer has by stopping Vitali. (amateurs, Vitali was under 20 years old and his corner stopped the fight, correct me if I´m wrong)
                Well if you if you are meaning stoppage from corner/doc,
                Chris Byrd did it (shoulder injury) and Lennox Lewis did it (cut)

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  From what I remember, Vitali came into the fight with a hand injury and the corner stopped it after he was winning. Sounds like something that's happened before.

Comment

The 2 cards he was a part of did pretty decent. He had a decent crowd for the fights(bigger crowd vs beck)& there was an open workout before the beck fight. I see no problem if he fights on as long as he continues to face guys like beck & gavern. I wouldn't even mind him fighting other recycled HW from his era just as long as he stays away from top prospects & contenders...

Comment

Working...
                    X