No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Picks Povetkin Over Klitschko, Haye Over Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius Picks Povetkin Over Klitschko, Haye Over Fury

Undefeated heavyweight contender Robert "Nordic Nightmare" Helenius (19-0, 11KOs) joined ATG Radio to discuss his career and the red hot heavyweight landscape. Helenius is picking his Sauerland Event stablemate Alexander Povetkin to pull off the upset and defeat WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko on October 5th in Moscow, Russia. Helenius also shared that he sparred in the past with both David Haye and Tyson Fury, and picks Haye to come out on top on September 28th at the Manchester Arena.

[Click Here To Read More]

Still 'injured', Robert?

Comment

It doesn't look like he's picking Pov at all. He's his stablemate so pulls for him, but all he's saying is he has a chance if he trained real hard, and Wlad is not throwing the jab all night

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Still 'injured', Robert?
        `Injured`?

Comment

Ah, Robs... My Finnish bwoy... Such a huge waste of talent. He has all tools to go far - great height, good jab, good uppercuts and great body shots, but ever since the Chisora fight he's suffered from the dreaded Audley Harrison syndrome of being utterly petrified of throwing his biggest weapon - the straight right.

I don't care how injured he was against Chisora, he's since looked exactly the same against Williams and Sprott, and damn near got stopped in both fights. And let's not even talk about the lack of conditioning. He should just fight Dimitrenko as was intended in 2011, but this time the loser should retire from the sport.

Comment

I pick Chisora over Helenius.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              Ah, Robs... My Finnish bwoy... Such a huge waste of talent. He has all tools to go far - great height, good jab, good uppercuts and great body shots, but ever since the Chisora fight he's suffered from the dreaded Audley Harrison syndrome of being utterly petrified of throwing his biggest weapon - the straight right.

I don't care how injured he was against Chisora, he's since looked exactly the same against Williams and Sprott, and damn near got stopped in both fights. And let's not even talk about the lack of conditioning. He should just fight Dimitrenko as was intended in 2011, but this time the loser should retire from the sport.
              He was never in trouble in the Sprott fight, what you on about? In both the Williams and Sprott fights he more or less won every round bar that one where Tank stunned him. Hardly a disgrace against useful defensive foes coming in off decent wins.
              Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              I pick Chisora over Helenius.

Comment

Chisora did more damage than I thought

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  It doesn't look like he's picking Pov at all. He's his stablemate so pulls for him, but all he's saying is he has a chance if he trained real hard, and Wlad is not throwing the jab all night
                  Thats what i read from it too. He knows his stablemate is about to get a beatdown.

Hadn't there been rumours about him sparring Haye for Fury? Guess it wasn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                    He was never in trouble in the Sprott fight, what you on about? In both the Williams and Sprott fights he more or less won every round bar that one where Tank stunned him. Hardly a disgrace against useful defensive foes coming in off decent wins.
                    What are you on about? They were disgraceful performances against journeymen with whom he should not have struggled. Sure he rightfully won the decisions and most of the rounds, but bloody hell he was out on his feet at some point in both fights. I can't remember the specific rounds, but seriously - Williams and Sprott had him "stumbling around like a drunk" (as Wlad Ownz always used to say about Lennox in the Vitali fight).

Comment

Working...
                    X