No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Don King is Not in Favor of Pros Fighting in Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Don King is Not in Favor of Pros Fighting in Olympics

Deerfield Beach, FL – Don King is a proud American and the people’s promoter. “I am a promoter of the people, by the people, and for the people; and my magic lies in my people ties.”

“In the interests of the people, I totally reject the notion of pitting professional fighters against amateur fighters. I am frightened, shocked and appalled that the AIBA and the IOC could support such a harmful policy against human interest and public interest. I strongly advise that the AIBA and the IOC dismiss their efforts to emasculate the boxers in their monopolistic practices and circumnavigate the boxing organizations and the professional promoters, giving the AIBA and the IOC veiled control over the sport of boxing, competitive wise, as well as business wise, under the so called auspices of ‘we are doing the best thing for the athlete (boxer).’ I am prayerful and hopeful that they change their minds.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well the Cubans have been doing it for years. Watch T.Stevenson against kids!

Comment

I hate the idea also. Boxing is alone as it's the only Olympic sport that only accepts amateurs. I think it's a disgrace to change that.

Comment

I agree with Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
          Well the Cubans have been doing it for years. Watch T.Stevenson against kids!
          That's cause Cubans aren't allowed to fight pro. Unless i'm mistaken the ones who have fought professionally usually defected first, and haven't gone back to the Olympics. It's a commie thing.

Comment

I don't like pro's in the Olympics for three reasons.

1. It is where the future amateur stars are developed and now there will be less amateurs getting that experience.

2. The Olympics have become too commercial. Letting pros compete and kicking young athletes out is more for corporate sponsorship than it is for the fans.

3. A lot of pros will fail because fighting three short rounds is meaningless for 12 round pros and the adjustment will be hard to make and amateur scoring sucks so bad they will get jacked out of decisions.

The whole thing has become about the money and has lost the spirit of the games. Count me out!

Comment

Working...
            X