No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez Comes of Age, a New Contender Emerges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez Comes of Age, a New Contender Emerges

By Jake Donovan - More than three years has passed since Edwin Rodriguez fought on live television. The Dominican-born super middleweight, just two years into the pro ranks at the time, believed it was the first step of an aggressive pursuit towards the championship level.

Progress was slowed almost to a crawl, before Rodriguez was finally given a chance to roll the dice in Monte Carlo. The rising contender hit the jackpot, drilling Denis Grachev inside of a round Saturday evening to win the Million Dollar Super Four and pump some fresh blood into the super middleweight division.

Perhaps even more rewarding than the $600,000 prize that came with the win was the fact that fans were given an emphatic reminder of why he was once held in such high regard. The past few years have seen his career progress hit a wall, a shame considering the breakout campaign he enjoyed in 2010 and the number of televised showcases he’s received over the past three years. [Click Here To Read More]

With that crawling--looping right hands Rodriguez will get nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      I've seen him look far worse, he actually threw shorter punches against Grachev, for me it's always been about consistency with Rodriguez. In one fight he displays good technical skills and in another he looks like Maidana (Before Garcia trained him). If he can keep his punches short, and know when to loop them, he should do pretty well in this division.

Comment

He definitely needs to get sharper. That over hand right was effective here, but man was it ugly. I like his body work though

Comment

it's funny, becuse rodriguez has been quiet as a mouse and caught zero slack for it.

last night he was catching slack for beating the tar out of the best fighter he ever fought.

rabbit punches?
          cmon. if grachev didn't duck those punches would hit him on the face.
          Last edited by New England; 07-14-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

rofl, like this one, for example.

i've been watching rodriguez for several years now. he's never looked as good as he looked yesterday.

get a big win?
            bring on the jealousy, rofl.

Comment

Talk about overwhelming a fighter! I liked that Rodriguez mixed up his shots between the head and body. He also showed killer instinct and got Grachev out of there quickly. 168 badly needs some new blood.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                rofl, like this one, for example.

i've been watching rodriguez for several years now. he's never looked as good as he looked yesterday.

get a big win?
                bring on the jealousy, rofl.
                As I said: With that crawling--looping right hands Rodriguez will get nowhere...

Let him fight the guy in your Avatar picture and see what happens....

Comment

Hard to believe that result. Grachev probably didn't anticipate ERod to come out smoking like that. He got caught, didn't stop the onslaught and got his ass stopped. Dumbass - it was such a winnable fight, too. Edwin has had a horseshoe up his ass for long time now. I do think Edwin made a good move in hooking up with Victor Conte and company. Seemed to help his explosion. Left hooks looked better, too.

Comment

It would be interesting to see Rodriguez in the same mood against Stevenson...

Comment

Working...
                    X