No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez Ready for Grachev, Wants Ward Later

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez Ready for Grachev, Wants Ward Later

Super middleweight contender Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez (23-0, 15 KOs) appeared on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area’s “Yahoo! SportsTalk Live” talk show to discuss his upcoming Saturday matchup in Monte Carlo with Denis Grachev (13-1-1, 8 KOs), being the father of twins born with cerebral palsy, and how much he would welcome a future clash with the king of the 168-pound division, Andre Ward. [Click Here To Read More]

Grachev beats Rodriguez...
    Grachev defeated Ismayl Sillakh and Zsolt Erdei... He lost a close fight against Bute...

Though, Rodriguez would be a fair match up for Ward -- Edwin likes to clinch... Anyway, he misses too many straight rights from the distance... Overall, Rodriguez delivers a consistent inside boxing style, that would somehow disturb some of Ward's automatisms...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Grachev beats Rodriguez...
      Grachev defeated Ismayl Sillakh and Zsolt Erdei... He lost a close fight against Bute...

Though, Rodriguez would be a fair match up for Ward -- Edwin likes to clinch... Anyway, he misses too many straight rights from the distance... Overall, Rodriguez delivers a consistent inside boxing style, that would somehow disturb some of Ward's automatisms...
      It's possible but Grachev doesn't convince me with his kind of style. I think what eventually gets to guys is that pressure he puts on them every time. But I honestly think that it serves Edwin well the fact that he loves just coming forward. I would think that guys that have movement would be more of a problem for Rodriguez. And not to mention the fact that Rodriguez does have a good chin so It would be hard for him to be stopped and quite honestly Grachev's power is probably a bit overrated. Look at his fight with Sillakh...many solid punches for him to go down and add to the fact that Sillakh was very tired at that. But we will soon find out.

Comment

Edwin Rodriguez Ready for Grachev, Wants Ward Later
        Better be a long time later, Edwin. Ward is way past your pay grade.

Comment

Didn't Erdei got robbed against Grachev, he got lucky with Silakh but besides that Grachev lost Bute and haven't fought anybody worthy. Edwin fought lot of good guys they weren't top 10 contenders but tough competition. Edwin by UD on this one.

Comment

Working...
          X