No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez: Grachev First, Mickey Mouse Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edwin Rodriguez: Grachev First, Mickey Mouse Next

By Thomas Gerbasi - If Edwin Rodriguez wins his Monte Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 final bout against Denis Grachev this Saturday, don’t be surprised if he yells “I’m going to Disney World” into the cameras.

No, it’s not a big endorsement deal or something of that ilk, just a reminder to his family that despite not getting a trip to Monaco, they are getting a trip to the land of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

“My daughter will remind me of that when I get home,” said Rodriguez who welcomed a son to the family with wife Stephanie a little over two months ago. It’s the couple’s third child, and for the Worcester, Massachusetts super middleweight, the idea of picking up an extra $200,000 with a win over Grachev is a more than welcome perk of competing in the tournament.

“It’s great,” said Rodriguez of the final bout, which will give $600,000 to the winner and $400,000 to the loser. “I’m getting the financial support to give my family a better life, and at the same time I’m putting myself in a position after this fight where I can get a world championship fight, which is a big goal in my life.” [Click Here To Read More]

wow, first to comment? I'm looking forward to this fight, provided I can find a stream. Somebody needs to challenge Ward, and if it isn't Froch, why not the winner of this fight?

Comment

I see that rodriguez beat will rosisnky, what happened to that guy he was a decent prospect. Did he retire?

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
        I see that rodriguez beat will rosisnky, what happened to that guy he was a decent prospect. Did he retire?

No,He still fights. He lost a close decision to Rodriguez on Showtime in which the scoring was horrible in that fight. I had Rodriguez winning a good,close fight. The judges had it wide.I also saw him lose to Pavlik and he was on Broadway Boxing vs Griffin in January/Feb.

Comment

Working...
        X