Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Schaefer Blasts Top Rank/Arum, Talks GB Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Schaefer Blasts Top Rank/Arum, Talks GB Business

Luis Sandoval catches up with Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, who takes a few shots at Top Rank and their CEO Bob Arum, discusses the Mayweather-Canelo tour and other Golden Boy items.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum Jr Blasting his daddy? LMAO...Schaeffer is a more charismatic younger version of Arum difference is Arum's fighters don't end up broke by the time their careers are over.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Arum Jr Blasting his daddy? LMAO...Schaeffer is a more charismatic younger version of Arum difference is Arum's fighters don't end up broke by the time their careers are over.
      What?

Comment

Schaefer is just a hater. but it's cool so is Arum.

Arum is going to make a killing off of the Pacquiao vs Rios fight. it's all about the chinese PPV.

if it sells 100 million at $5, that's $500 million which would be almost 5 times at much as Mayweather vs Canelo, just from the chinese PPV alone.

think a 100 million buys is crazy? 400 million tuned in to watch Shiming in his last fight. $5 in china is like a 12 pack of beer and lunch.

with Schaefer, Mayweather vs Canelo is a huge fight but might not be profitable in the end. Mayweather's contract makes it almost impossible for anybody else but himself to make money.

Arum never lets himself get hustled like that, because he's the hustler. I think that just burns Schaefer up. Arum perfect being a scumbag and Schaefer still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          What?
          Get mad son...any knowledgeable fan knows what i'm talking about..

Comment

Man I never noticed until now that Schaefer's accent sound like Gru from despicable me.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
              Schaefer is just a hater. but it's cool so is Arum.

Arum is going to make a killing off of the Pacquiao vs Rios fight. it's all about the chinese PPV.

if it sells 100 million at $5, that's $500 million which would be almost 5 times at much as Mayweather vs Canelo, just from the chinese PPV alone.

think a 100 million buys is crazy? 400 million tuned in to watch Shiming in his last fight. $5 in china is like a 12 pack of beer and lunch.

with Schaefer, Mayweather vs Canelo is a huge fight but might not be profitable in the end. Mayweather's contract makes it almost impossible for anybody else but himself to make money.

Arum never lets himself get hustled like that, because he's the hustler. I think that just burns Schaefer up. Arum perfect being a scumbag and Schaefer still learning.
              Pacquiao vs Rios will not sell the PPVs -- China's Zou Shiming on the undercard will sell the PPVs (if any)...
              Last edited by MDPopescu; 07-03-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Interesting comments by Shaefer referring to Floyd being hated by the "Anglo market." I thought it was everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Pacquiao vs Rios will not sell the PPVs -- China's Zou Shiming on the undercard will sell the PPVs (if any)...
                  of course it'll all be Shiming but he's signed to Top Rank. it's like when Mayweather had Canelo on his undercards. or even Don King putting Chavez sr on his PPV undercards.

regardless the money is going to Uncle Bob himself. if chinese PPV works like it does here than half of the money from the buys goes to the cable providers.

anyways that's like $250 million plus the US PPV money and the live gate.
                  all and all I expect their to be around 300 million or so to go around.

Pacquiao is getting 20 million, Rios 3 million. Shiming and the rest of the fighters probably won't make more than 5 million combined.

let's say 30 million for all of the fighters purses. let's just say 70 million for whatever, just to be fair.

that still leaves a possible 200 million for Arum.

Mayweather vs Caneo already has a 19 million live gate, a record breaker. let's say the PPV sells 1.4 million at 75 which 100 milllion but half goes to cable providers and satellite operators.

Forbes Magazine is saying Mayweather will make 50 million if the PPV sells 1.4 million. so there goes the PPV money

that leaves 19 for everything else.

so the fight might break even.

200+ million for Arum maybe and probably nothing for Schaefer, so of course he's upset.

Comment

Does Schaffer even know the fighters in his stable? He starts calling Danny Garcia, Danny Jacobs and then starts talking about when Garcia fought Maidana? WTF. 2nd video 3:25 min mark

Comment

Working...
                    X