Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Mayweather: I'm Not Cotto, Ortiz or Guerrero!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo To Mayweather: I'm Not Cotto, Ortiz or Guerrero!

WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs) is feeling very confident after traveling from city to city with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs), as they have one more stop on their long promotional tour. Canelo is going to face Mayweather Jr. on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo says he is a better and more dangerous opponent than former champions Robert Guerrero, Victor Ortiz and Miguel Cotto - who Mayweather recently fought and beat.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I couldn't agree with Canelo more he's not Cotto, Ortiz, or Guerrero because they all have fought some of the best fighters in their weight divisions not one and two weight classes below on a constant basis.

Comment

When Mayweather lose its gonna be so funny.

Comment

lol I could have sworn Guerrero just said this

Comment

As long as he doesn't become frustrated and changes his approach to the fight every 2 rounds he can win..if he tries to execute the same game plan for 5-6 rounds at a time he will lose. Mayweather has vulnerabilities in his defense and washed up Mosley showed it and he wasn't the first one to use it...he was just more successful in fainting with the left and tossing that straight right..you gotta catch floyd with it in the middle of the ring with it. Both men have lingering questions about how they will handle the other guys best skills. I'm interested in seeing if Mayweathers beard can sustain this kids shots and i'm interested to see if Canelo has the where with all to switch it up constantly so he doesn't let Floyd get comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              lol I could have sworn Guerrero just said this
              Mayweather told Guerrero "this aint Berto"

Comment

He's right..they have something his ugly ginger azz doesnt...the stamina to go the whole 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  As long as he doesn't become frustrated and changes his approach to the fight every 2 rounds he can win..if he tries to execute the same game plan for 5-6 rounds at a time he will lose. Mayweather has vulnerabilities in his defense and washed up Mosley showed it and he wasn't the first one to use it...he was just more successful in fainting with the left and tossing that straight right..you gotta catch floyd with it in the middle of the ring with it. Both men have lingering questions about how they will handle the other guys best skills. I'm interested in seeing if Mayweathers beard can sustain this kids shots and i'm interested to see if Canelo has the where with all to switch it up constantly so he doesn't let Floyd get comfortable.
                  I see what you're point is but I don't think Mosley landing a good punch means Mayweather has vulnerabilities. Vulnerabilities to me means you exposed someone by doing it constantly not one time. To me Canelo's biggest weakness in fighting Mayweather is the level of competition he has fought prior to Mayweather. His resume flat out sucks and I think people get caught up in what Canelo does but don't pay attention to whom he's doing it against.

Comment

No doubt... you're not a quitter, a gatekeeper or a Super Featherweight.

You're an entirely new type of beast. That's why he wants to drain you champ, he fears you.

Comment

Working...
                    X