Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade-Vanes Martirosyan WBO Title Clash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade-Vanes Martirosyan WBO Title Clash?

Earlier, BoxingScene.com revealed that WBO 154-pound champion Zaurbek Baysangurov (28-1, 20KOs) injured his back and has now withdrawn from his scheduled defense against mandatory challenger Demetrius Andrade (19-0, 13KOs). The was set for July 6th in Kiev, Ukraine.

According to the World Boxing Organization, Andrade would now have to face, if a deal is reached, undefeated contender Vanes Martirosyan for the vacant championship. Vanes (33-0-1, 21KOs) returned this past Saturday night in Dallas and demolished Ryan Davis in two rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now that is a title fight.

Excellent test for both.

Andrade should be favored.

Comment

I bet my $$$ on Demetrious Andrade on this one

Comment

I like this one

Comment

Wow... Seems fair since it'll be more than 6 months since the Koecny defense.
          Go Boo Boo Bear

Comment

Thank goodness that there's a back-up plan.

Comment

No thank you!

Comment

I am always up for two unbeaten fighters going at it. Might be a little tactical though.

Comment

What excuse will Vanes have for pulling out this time?

Comment

Great fight, well deserved. Two undefeated Olympians going at it, someone's Zero has got to Go! And it will be Andrade's zero, Vanes kills him guaranteed!!

Nice to see an organization (WBO) with some dignity and integrity, **** the WBC. Keep chasing that title Lara, I can see the WBC forcing a mandatory after four or five years.

Comment

Working...
                    X