Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Acelino Freitas Eyes Big Rematch With Jorge Barrios?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Acelino Freitas Eyes Big Rematch With Jorge Barrios?

Former champion Acelino Freitas (39-2, 33KOs), who last year broke a five year retirement with a ninth round knockout of Michael Oliveira in Uruguay. Freitas' return in 2012 was viewed as a one shot deal, but now the Brazilian star is considering another return fight - against Jorge Barrios.

Freitas and Barrios fought a classic battle in 2003, where Freitas was dropped twice before coming back to drop Barrios (50-4-1, 35KOs) twice for a TKO in the twelfth. Barrios, due to his legal issues, has been inactive since October 2010.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dam I was at the Frietas-Barrios card at the old Miami Arena. To this day this is the best fight I have been to live, it was great to see the Brazilian/Argentinian rivalry go beyond soccer and in the square circle. The women at the card were amazing, I remember sitting by Floyd Sr. when he was training Panchito Bojado and he was trying to pimp it out there with the females. I found me a Brazilian chick out there and was hitting it for a good two months dam that azz doe
    Last edited by PRchamp; 06-14-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
      Dam I was at the Frietas-Barrios card at the old Miami Arena. To this day this is the best fight I have been to live, it was great to see the Brazilian/Argentinian rivalry go beyond soccer and in the square circle. The women at the card were amazing, I remember sitting by Floyd Sr. when he was training Panchito Bojado and he was trying to pimp it out there with the females. I found me a Brazilian chick out there and was hitting for a good two months dam that azz doe
      LOL I clearly remember that fight and the crowd, in between every round they would pan the crowd and it seemed like it was all chicks ..just ******* bouncing in Brazilian tshirts. classic fight

Comment

After a glance at the title I assumed somebody had bumped a thread from years back lol

Didn't know either was still fighting, thought Freitas was retired & Barrios was taking part in exhibitions.

Comment

Because that fight would sell out anywhere in brazil or Argentina, big money fight over there.

Comment

Dam I was at the Frietas-Barrios card at the old Miami Arena. To this day this is the best fight I have been to live, it was great to see the Brazilian/Argentinian rivalry go beyond soccer and in the square circle. The women at the card were amazing, I remember sitting by Floyd Sr. when he was training Panchito Bojado and he was trying to pimp it out there with the females. I found me a Brazilian chick out there and was hitting it for a good two months dam that azz doe
            Classic fight, one of my favorites to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
              Classic fight, one of my favorites to watch.
              That right hand Frietas landed after the 11th round bell sounded was unreal. Barrios looked like he got shocked by some live wires. That punch would of made the great late Manny Steward scream "OH MY GAWD!!"

Comment

That right hand Frietas landed after the 11th round bell sounded was unreal. Barrios looked like he got shocked by some live wires. That punch would of made the great late Manny Steward scream "OH MY GAWD!!"
                Hahaha just pictured Manny going ape s h i t during that scrap

Comment

That fight made me a fan of this sport. But man, it's too late for a rematch, though Freitas looked great in his last (comeback) fight. Barrios has been marginalized fron argentine boxing and i still don't know if they would let him leave Argentina. It would be just like the failed Morales fight.

Comment

All matchmaking and money politics. It's probably the only fight they can market to generate interest and be winnable for Freitas. It's purpose is to market their "initial encounter was a boxing classic" with the exciting clips from that fight. Then how "these two rivals meet again in a fight that promises to deliver"

Easy sell for the casuals...and boxing fans will still be interested in the possibility of some knockdowns. And then looked at as an "im back in the title picture" type fight to make Popo some money

Comment

Working...
                    X