No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Maidana and Lopez Go To War at Home Depot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Maidana and Lopez Go To War at Home Depot

Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs) had some tough moments but he sucked it up and stopped Josesito Lopez (30-6, 18KOs) in the sixth round of a war. In the sixth, a hard counter by Maidana dropped Lopez to his knees. Lopez made it up but then Maidana pinned him against the ropes and let his hands fly - nailing Lopez with multiple hard shots to force the referee to step in and wave off the contest as Lopez was reeling from the damage. At the time of the TKO, Lopez was ahead on two cards 48-47 and Maidana was up 48-47 on the third. Photos by Tom Hogan/Hoganphotos and Esther Lin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Solid win for Maidana. Very entertaining fight while it lasted. Josesito gave a good accountability of himself again. I would still love to see him against Kahn in the future but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

Maidana needs a good nutrisionist, and strength coach, he looks plain fat.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        What a dumb comment. There's room for improvement, but he's far from being fat.

Comment

Great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
            He already does have one lol

Comment

good war. Lopez shouldve taken a knee in the last round where he was getting hammered.

Comment

Great fight both guys gave us a war... I thought that Lopez was going to be the guy that came out on top, but darn I was wrong, Garcia has added game to Maidana, he looks a lot more polished fighter with his brawler style.

Comment

Good photos.

Comment

Man, I missed this fight! Need to watch!

Comment

Working...
                    X