No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Rallies Hard To Stop Lopez in a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Rallies Hard To Stop Lopez in a War

Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs) had some tough moments but he sucked it up and stopped Josesito Lopez (30-6, 18KOs) in the sixth round of a war.

It didn't take before both sluggers were trading hard punches. In the second round, Lopez was stunned from a Maidana right hand but managed to fight his way out of danger, but Maidana landed several more shots before the round was over.

After Maidana controlled the second, Lopez came back strong with a montser third where he hurt Maidana with several hard shots. In the fourth, Lopez continued to drill Maidana with hard shots to the head and body, stunning the tough Argentine boxer several times as the entire arena stood up to cheer Josesito on.

In the fifth, it was Maidna who came roaring back in the final minute
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs) had some tough moments but he sucked it up and stopped Josesito Lopez (30-6, 18KOs) in the sixth round of a war.

It didn't take before both sluggers were trading hard punches. In the second round, Lopez was stunned from a Maidana right hand but managed to fight his way out of danger, but Maidana landed several more shots before the round was over.

After Maidana controlled the second, Lopez came back strong with a montser third where he hurt Maidana with several hard shots. In the fourth, Lopez continued to drill Maidana with hard shots to the head and body, stunning the tough Argentine boxer several times as the entire arena stood up to cheer Josesito on.

In the fifth, it was Maidna who came roaring back in the final minute
    [Click Here To Read More]
    WOW!!! My hats off to Maidana....what a damn BEAST!!!!

Comment

I was rooting for Josesito but it was a good stoppage.
      He could have been hurt badly after those clean right hands.

Comment

Lopez got heart but can't hang in these heavier weight classes. He can't take heavier punches.

Comment

War maidanaaaaaaaa!!!!

Comment

madaina is too strong for lopez i would like to see a rematch with ortiz or a fight with mosley

Comment

Crasy things happen when you show up to fights in shape. Big win for Maidana. Maidana vs Guerrero would be a good fight.

Comment

marcos a beast, kinda glad lopez lost he shouldn't be in with the welters, hopefully he moves down...funny he wanted marcos to fight him lol idiot

Comment

Think the stoppage was premature. Thought Josesito was hurt but not out of it.
                  I hope we eventually get a rematch, as this was a very entertaining fight.

Comment

WOW what a war! Probably the closest fight I've seen that resembles Hearns vs Hagler.

Comment

Working...
                    X