Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito: To Earn Maidana's Respect, I Have To Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josesito: To Earn Maidana's Respect, I Have To Fight!

Josesito Lopez occupied a very similar position this time last year.

Only now, “The Riverside Rocky” is an underdog against the huge puncher that made Victor Ortiz quit, not Ortiz. Lopez respects Marcos Maidana’s power and understands the difficulty of his task Saturday night, but he’ll approach their guaranteed slugfest the only way he knows how.

“Going into this fight, I feel like I did before I fought Victor Ortiz,” Lopez said. “I know I need to get Maidana’s respect and the way to do that is to fight him.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

You have to admire his heart, he has pretty good skill but he is going to get into a fire fight and get stretched out.

Comment

I can never count out Lopez because of his heart but he is probably going to end up being starched by Chino.

Comment

Lopez is in for hell of a brawl 2nite & the heart of a lion this kid has. Although Maidana is as tuff as they come, Morales had him doubting himself for a minute. i like both fighters & honestly i dont care who wins. i just wana see one of those "fight of the year" candidates. cant wait.

Comment

This fight may wind up being better than Rios-Alvarado 1.

Comment

This is why i think maidana wins, Lopez is too brave and macho he always try to fight even vs big punchers. maidana F ucking loves it when you come to fight him as its his kind of fight.

Lopez can win a points decision if he boxes smartly all night, but like he says he will brawl and exchange at times and Maidana's Power may well be the only difference here. can't wait for this fight.

Comment

I really really want this to be the fight of the year, but I got a feeling Lopez will turn this into a clinch fest after he feels Maidana's power.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I really really want this to be the fight of the year, but I got a feeling Lopez will turn this into a clinch fest after he feels Maidana's power.
                I expect Lopez to clinch as much here as he did against Ortiz. It's the only way he'll be able to make the final bell and possibly get the decision.

Comment

While I agree with Josesito,he also has to be smart..He needs to box and fight when he wants to..Can't be scared to clinch and not get into heated exchanges at times..If Josesito can fight smart I see him winning a decision tonight..

Comment

Maybe I'm the only one that sees Josesito winning? I won't be rooting for either tonight, just looking for a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X