No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Maidana vs. Lopez, On Paper it Could Be FOTY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Maidana vs. Lopez, On Paper it Could Be FOTY

Josesito Lopez of Riverside is 28 years old and a world-class fighter, but he's never won a major championship. Turning down big fights therefore is not an option for him, and that's why tonight he will be in his third potentially brutal bout in succession when he squares off with hard-hitting Marcos Maidana in the welterweight main event at StubHub Center (on Showtime).

This period of Lopez's career began when he took on the much more heralded Victor Ortiz on June 23, 2012, at Staples Center. Lopez was losing after eight rounds, but he broke Ortiz's jaw and stopped him in the ninth round for a huge upset, the biggest of his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Schaefer is a blowhard. Somebody put a muzzle on him

Comment

Maidana alwasys brings it, Lopez alwasy brings it = War

Comment

I really think people are in for a surprise tonight, I think Lopez can win this.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
          I really think people are in for a surprise tonight, I think Lopez can win this.
          I think that too, I don't know why people are so certain Maidana is going to win. Lopez is a pretty good fighter, not taking the BS Canelo fight into account.

Lopez by UD.

Comment

No doubt this will be an exciting fight, cant wait!

Comment

Very, very good fight. But fighters just lack that extra talent/quality to make it a truly special fight.

But it's often the non p4p-ers who give us the best fights.

Comment

Definitely a fight you don't have to worry about lacking action. War Chino!

Comment

I was thinking Lopez by UD in this on but he brawls too much for his own good. Against Maidana, he isn't going to win a punchout and I feel this fight will evolve into a war of attrition.

Comment

Great fight. Hope Lopez wins it.

This fight will be at the Home Depot Center not the Stubhub arena.

Comment

Working...
                    X