No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Trainer: I Had Froch-Kessler II a Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Trainer: I Had Froch-Kessler II a Draw

Super middleweight king Andre Ward's trainer and mentor, Virgil Hunter, was ringside Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London. He watched the second fight between Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler, which the British boxer won with scores of 115-113, 116-112 and 118-110. Afterwards, Froch called for a rematch with Ward, who beat the British boxer in 2011. Ward's trainer was far from impressed and felt the Danish veteran was the sharper, better boxer of the two.

[Click Here To Read More]

A simple bit of rhetoric to try and gain Ward a bit more momentum leading up to negotiations for Froch-Ward II.

Nice try Virgil 'The Eye' Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
      A simple bit of rhetoric to try and gain Ward a bit more momentum leading up to negotiations for Froch-Ward II.

I see it as the beginning of an excuse for Ward not travelling or demanding an exorbitant amount of greenbacks.

The fight was closer than 2 of the scores though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post

He doesnt need any advantage. He DOMINATED Froch. If Froch wants him to come to UK, then Ward should be compensated, considering that he humiliated Froch the first fight.

Comment

I don't know about the cleanest punches but Kessler certainly had more of the biggest punches. On second viewing I felt the fight was closer but I felt Froch's activity edged it.

Hunter? well he thinks he's a mind games guru, let's see him train Khan's mind into not standing toe to toe with bigger punchers - then talk.

Comment

After two viewings Froch won a clear victory by 2-3 points.

Comment

Watching the fight in the Arena I had it 116-113 to Froch. 118-110 was ridiculous but I thought Froch clearly did enough to win the fight.

Comment

Well there's one at least that scored the fight similarly to me and for the same reason's I gave last nt.

I did say that it could have gone either way or a draw depending on how some rounds were scored.

Comment

Andre Ward and his trainer have to stop hating on Carl Froch and give him his props

Comment

I agree much.cleaner punches more accurate I had froch by a rd Kessler simply got out worked

Comment

Working...
                    X