No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Ceja Trains With Nacho For Jamie McDonnell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Ceja Trains With Nacho For Jamie McDonnell

The undefeated knockout sensation Julio Ceja (24-0, 22KOs) is ready for battle on May 11 in Yorkshire, England. He faces Jamie McDonell (20-2-1, 9KOs) for the vacant bantamweight title of the International Boxing Federation (IBF). The match will be televised by Televisa Deportes. Under the watchful eye of veteran trainer Nacho Beristain, Ceja is going through some very strenuous workouts at the Romanza Gym in Mexico.

[Click Here To Read More]

He's got huge forearms for a Bantie....

Comment

Looking forward to this one; it could be an unexpected classic.

Jamie McD has been improving in leaps and proverbial bounds. He's relatively tall for the weight, a nice, polished technician and has a cracking engine and home advantage.

Has also made himself a long-term European champ and at 27 is nicely matured without necessarily having to stare at the scales just yet.

But Ceja would really seem to be able to crack jaws - only two blokes have made the final bell in 24 fights - and he's looks like a hardcore, Mexican warrior who is not going to worry about fighting in the Republic of Yorkshire.

Reminds a bit of the excellent Burns v Martinez showdown. Jamie McD will need to stand-up and hit Ceja with enough authority to stop getting swamped and overwhelmed.

If he can discourage Ceja with the odd show of power, whilst sticking to his good boxing and racking-up the points, then he's got a chance.

Not sure McD has got the spite in his punches to pull this off; but I am expecting a very decent fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
        Looking forward to this one; it could be an unexpected classic.

Not sure McD has got the spite in his punches to pull this off; but I am expecting a very decent fight.
        Great review. All about the first few rounds, in my opinion. A closer look at Ceja's record shows he fought complete novices til his 14 bouts (admittedly he still took care of business).

If McDonnell is still around & in good condition by the halfway point I think he'll sweep the latter half of the bout.

The bout reminds me of Duke McKenzie v Cesar Soto for the WBO Bantamweight title back in 1991. Although both Soto & Duke had fought better opposition than these two but they were of a similar age & style to these two protagonists.

Comment

Ceja will knock the feather-fisted puny McDonnell the phuck out!

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            He's got huge forearms for a Bantie....
            he really does

Comment

if this Brit is just a polishe technician, as 1 guy stated, Ceja, who I've seen several times live, will hand him his lunch...he went to this weaker body as he did not want a shot or refused a shot,conflicting stories @ ...WBC champ , needs work on his D but he's a tremendous puncher...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                if this Brit is just a polishe technician, as 1 guy stated, Ceja, who I've seen several times live, will hand him his lunch...he went to this weaker body as he did not want a shot or refused a shot,conflicting stories @ ...WBC champ , needs work on his D but he's a tremendous puncher...
                Mr Smooth,

I'm not sure who you're saying is going to win

Is Ceja strong after the early rounds?

Comment

Talk about will power & determination, Ceja travels 6 hours(3 hours to get there & 3 hours to get back home) almost every day on public transportation from his house to the gym! Gotta root for Ceja on this one, he really deserves it!

Comment

Working...
                  X