No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Admits Road Back Will Be Tough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Admits Road Back Will Be Tough

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) admits the road to recovery will be tough. This past Saturday night he won a close decision over British contender Martin Murray, but came away with several injuries that are likely going to keep him out of the ring until next year. Martinez fractured his left hand and also damaged his surgically repaired right knee.

[Click Here To Read More]

Cotto - Martinez; Early 2014

Final Farewell fight for both of them @ MSG. I think the age/injuries make this a much closer fight than what it use to be. Plus they both seem to have some unresolved personal issues for some odd reason.

Comment

I don't think they have issues with each other but Sergio wanted a big money fight and cotto wanted a belt in his 4th division but other fights got in the way with all the injuries Martinez is having cotto could squeeze out a close decision Martinez is still very solid even when injured so its a interesting matchup

Comment

I envision Junior fighting for the vacant title once Sergio gets stripped.

Comment

Sergio needs to go to that doctor that RG3 and Peterson went to when they had surgery. That guy is supposed to be the best in the world.

Comment

You can do it Sergio!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Sergio needs to go to that doctor that RG3 and Peterson went to when they had surgery. That guy is supposed to be the best in the world.
              Dr. James Andrews.

That dude must be balling. Every athlete worth a crap consults him on every single knee, elbow or shoulder injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Dr. James Andrews.

That dude must be balling. Every athlete worth a crap consults him on every single knee, elbow or shoulder injury.
                Hey, after what Peterson did this year.........I'd say the dude is most definitely worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Dr. James Andrews.

yessir. Too bad Derrick Rose didn't go to him.

Sergio really does need to go consult with Dr. Andrews. This is boxing. His injuries need to be dealt with the utmost care, otherwise he might sustain some permanent injuries in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    I don't think they have issues with each other but Sergio wanted a big money fight and cotto wanted a belt in his 4th division but other fights got in the way with all the injuries Martinez is having cotto could squeeze out a close decision Martinez is still very solid even when injured so its a interesting matchup
                    I think I read an interview or two where Sergio said he wanted to fight Cotto because Cotto disrespected him or something

Comment

Working...
                    X