Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quillin Discusses Defending the Crown, Dealing with Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quillin Discusses Defending the Crown, Dealing with Fame

“The road to get here was never easy, so why would it be easy now?” Peter Quillin replied when asked about defending his WBO middleweight crown for the first time this Saturday against Fernando Guerrero this Saturday at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center (Showtime, 9 p.m. ET/PT).

BoxingScene.com sat down with the introspective Quillin (28-0, 22 KOs) about a variety of topics dealing with his newfound fame and how he perceives this weekend’s title defense against Guerrero (25-1, 19 KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

It's crazy that he said his favorite fighter was Trinidad he kinda of reminds me of him a little bit.

Comment

Not sold on Peter being in the same league as Gaele, Martinez, or GGG. Peter took the path of least resistance to his belt, he knows it, and he knows everyone else knows it. If he wants to show everyone else he belongs in the same league as the other champions (and some contenders) he needs to bring an A++ game to Guerrero.

Comment

Quillin has some skills and is getting better each fight..lets see if he does take the fights hes bringin up..

Comment

Hes better than Geale thats for sure. He would only lose to Martinez and Golovkin. But Martinez will retire or be shot soon because he is 38 and he has not an old mans fighting style. So either Martinez retires within a year or he will lose badly to some fighter nobody expected. And the new Nr.1 middleweight will be Golovkin then. A fight between Golovkin and Quilin would be verry interesting and spectacular i guess so make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            Hes better than Geale thats for sure. He would only lose to Martinez and Golovkin. But Martinez will retire or be shot soon because he is 38 and he has not an old mans fighting style. So either Martinez retires within a year or he will lose badly to some fighter nobody expected. And the new Nr.1 middleweight will be Golovkin then. A fight between Golovkin and Quilin would be verry interesting and spectacular i guess so make it happen!
            GGG would beat the **** out of Kid Choclate, don't fool yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              GGG would beat the **** out of Kid Choclate, don't fool yourself.
              It could be a great fight while it lasts though! I agree that Golovkin is better and would stop him at the end though.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                BoxingScene.com: Since your win over Hassan N’Dam, a lot has changed in the sense that now you’ve got the target on your back. The national attention is increasing; in fact, you were just in the latest edition of Playboy. How have you dealt with it all? Have you changed in any way?
                Peter Quillin: Look at the trees. The seasons change and the leaves fall off, and the trees are bare by the wintertime. But springtime comes around and the trees are in full-bloom. Then it cycles off again. What I’m saying is that things around you change all the time, but you have to keep real what’s inside you.
                As far as who I am as a person, I want to keep being who I am. A lot of people don’t believe me when I say, ‘Crap is only crap when you eat it. I know because it tastes like crap.’ What it means is you’ll believe your own hype if you allow yourself to. Anything that somebody says about you, if you truly believe it and let it go to your head, then it becomes truth.
                I take everything one day at a time. I try to be a better person. That’s my test, and my true fight, to make sure I just keep being me, and that anything I do makes me a better person.
                I never really cared for Quillin, but I like what he said here. Ill be rooting for him.

Comment

Working...
                X