No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zab Judah – The B-Side in Brooklyn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zab Judah – The B-Side in Brooklyn

By Thomas Gerbasi - From a distance, Zab Judah looks like he always has: young, always on the verge of breaking out into a 1000 watt smile or laugh, and ready to take on the world.

Look a little closer these days though, and you can see the lines that come with being 35 years old and having 51 professional fights. That’s what this game can do to you, even if Judah has kept his youthful appearance longer than most.

He’s even kept his standing in the boxing world way beyond what most could ask for, winning several titles in the junior welterweight and welterweight divisions, and remarkably getting another shot at the 140-pound crown just two fights removed from a knockout loss to Amir Khan. For most, that would be a career to rest your head on and smile. Maybe even Judah says to himself that whatever happens against Danny Garcia this Saturday, he’s fought the good fight and left a legacy he could never hang his head over.

But in his hometown of Brooklyn, and extending into the other four boroughs of New York City, there’s always been a sense that Judah could have been something even greater. After Mike Tyson and Rid**** Bowe left their mark in the boxing world, “Super” Judah was next. He was the protégé of Tyson and Pernell Whitaker, occasionally with the stopping power of the former and the speed of the latter. He had his defensive shortcomings and lapses of concentration in the ring, but that just made him more exciting to watch. He wasn’t going to blast an opponent out in 30 seconds or shut someone out with defensive wizardry over 12 rounds, but he would show flashes of brilliance that most in the NYC area assumed would flesh out into a more sustained greatness. [Click Here To Read More]

Would really be something if he could manage to pull this off. In my eyes it would redeem him a lot.

Comment

Judah not tough, all mouth

I was raised in spanish harlem just like my friend Hector "Macho" Camacho, god bless his soul, the projects of course, the way Judah acts is a way to scare people because he got his boys from the hood, when the loud mouths are by themselves, they punk out. Saturday night Judah will punk out, I guaranteed 100%. Garcia will win by knock out.

Comment

Judah;s reacts only to impudent and immodest behaviour of the Angel Garcia who serves as the speaker of Garcias team. Judah did not start it. He was humble from the very beginning respecting Danny and hoping for getting the respect back. Its angel garcia who started this trashtalking campaign. You aint nobody, your time has past, your can nothing etc. The way he acts makes impression on me as he is on drugs all the time, he is quite delusioned person.
        "I am from Philly" im not afraid to die"" and all this pathetic ****. Judah did nothing wrong except of reacting as human being to trashtalking from the side of angel garcia. Now they pretend to be the victims and they are afraid of making press conference together)) Its ridiculous. They started it them selves. And now they complain. This is insane. I know goldenboy and Oscar and Bernard Hopkins they all are sure that Danny is going to win. I wish so hard Zab knock this guy out to shut their mouthes and to destroy their plans.) Inshaallah

Comment

Super again

Contrary to what some may feel. I strongly feel Zab is all the way focused cape on and motivated for this one "Super". If you're from New York and are a fan of boxing how could you not pull for Zab.

Comment

Agree 1000%. I hope Zab not only wins but wins by K.O.

Comment

zab has the skill to whoop butt at 140. but history shows that when things are not going well.he finds away out.he just can't control his emotions.he prooved it again in the video. it was a test that he failed.and the samething will happen in the ring.i want zab to win but he won't allow himself the boxing fruit.

Comment

Judah has always been the B side in a big he never earned the A spot because he never won a big fight ppl give him a shot against garcia because they hate garcia father danny will wipe the floor with zab

Comment

Zab is trippin too hard on everything but Danny Garcia

Zab is trippin about Angel callin him a n!gg@ and Oscar sayin this and that on twitter, the fight is two days away, Danny ain't got nothin to do with none of that but Zab is still trippin on everything but Danny, I'm Team Garcia and I know in boxing anything can happen so you can't count a man as talented as Zab Judah out, but from his latest tantrums about Garcia and Oscar de la Hoya and everything else it seems like he's gonna be pissed off before the fight, when Danny starts landing them body shots he's gonna get frustrated, and when the fight is over he's still gonna be pissed off probably trying to fight someone in the ring, whether it be Angel, Oscar, the ref, or the judges, I think Zab mentally has already cracked a bit, of course this is boxing and anything can happen and a man in a situation like that can be dangerous but Zab has been in similar situations and he cracked, against Mayweather, Tzsyu, and the "low blow" versus Amir Khan, I'm tunning in knowing that Zab has the talent to beat my boy Swift but Swift looks "mentally, emotionally, and spiritually" strong for this one, more so than Zab, we'll have to see
                  Team Swift 100%

Comment

Juda has given me many fond memories but he is washed up , garcia is gonna ko him or stop it for health reasons , sorry Zab . you're a good guy and the pride of Brooklyn

Comment

Working...
                    X