Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chilemba: I'll Outclass or Stop Arrogant Tony Bellew!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chilemba: I'll Outclass or Stop Arrogant Tony Bellew!

As announced earlier this week, Tony Bellew and Isacc Chilemba are set to fight each other once more on the under card of Carl Froch v Mikkel Kessler II for the right to face the winner of Chad Dawson v Adonis Stevenson.

The first contest between the pair, while not a barnburner, was an interesting tactical affair in which the three scoring judge were unable to separate them, deeming the contest a split decision draw. BoxingScene caught up with Chilemba to get his thoughts on the rematch

“I’m really very happy,” he said. “I get to finish a job that is ready to get done”

Many believed the 25-year-old had done enough to take the first bout. He overcame a slow start and from the fifth round caused Bellew issues with his elusiveness and quick counters.

“I did better than he did to win the fight and I was very upset with the outcome” he said. “I thought I won the fight. From the fourth round upwards I was leading the fight. The judge that made 116-112 [Christophe Fernandez, in Chilemba’s favour] I was very impressed with because that’s what I thought. Another judge scored it a draw and the other gave it to him [Bellew] by a point, I don’t know how they scored the fight!”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes please do Mr. Chilemba... The good people of Croxteth, Bootle, Toxteth and Crosby will be singing in the streets when someone finally derails the Bellew hypetrain. The Bomber is sulking now and isn't going to make any more predictions coz he gets stick for it, no Tony you got stick coz you were "ready to die in the ring" apparently then put on the most boring, safety first performance of your career.

Comment

I hope so.

Can't stand David Price's gay lover

Comment

chilemba could not pop a bubble he aint stopping bellew but he outboxed him and i thought he won the first fight i just hope the judges dont rob him again.

Comment

Chilemba doesn't carry much power so can't see him forcing a stoppage. But if Bellew wants to win the rematch he's going to need a different approach as he couldn't pin Chilemba down for one second..his movement was to much for Bellew.

Comment

Chilemba has almost no power. He seems content to just cruise through a fight and let the judges make the decision. He will never be a top dog in his division with the "win today, look good later" attitude. He needs a new trainer. He is obviously a real athlete. boring boring boring

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
              Yes please do Mr. Chilemba... The good people of Croxteth, Bootle, Toxteth and Crosby will be singing in the streets when someone finally derails the Bellew hypetrain. The Bomber is sulking now and isn't going to make any more predictions coz he gets stick for it, no Tony you got stick coz you were "ready to die in the ring" apparently then put on the most boring, safety first performance of your career.
              I noticed he has been very quiet since the first fight. How popular is Bummer Bellew in Liverpool? It seemed like Derry Matthews had more support for his fight, and I noticed some people leaving before Bummer actually made it to the ring. Promising 'wars' and savage knock outs, then getting in the ring boring the arse of people isn't going to win him many fans.

Comment

I hav'nt met anyone who had thought Bellew had won the fight so the consensus by the good British Boxing Fans is that Bellew got lucky because he fought in Liverpool - the thing that makes me angry about Bellew if you read his intervew just before the fight is 'I will do what I have to in the ring I will even die people might find this strange but this is just who I am' - well I dd'nt see any of that in the ring when he could'nt land his punches or not have a plan B when he ran out of ideas and froze and when Chilemba started landing he went into freeze mode, so please Tony stop talking, you talk to much if you want to talk about dying that can only be for our brave boys in uniform in the armed forces - you are a disgrace - I really hope Chilemba puts you into retirement so we can rid of you waste of space.

Comment

I fancy Bellew in the rematch. He knows what it takes now so I think he should manage to do enough this time around and not take rounds off here and there like he did in the first fight.

Comment

I've never liked Bellew. Never. Sky Sports have always hyped him up as something he really isn't, he's average all around. And, to be honest, I wouldn't mind if he didn't talk so much crap.

I don't think either guy really won the first fight, Bellew didn't land a meaningful punch all night and Chilemba didn't bother throwing a punch until the 7th round. I'd pick Chilemba in the rematch, provided he starts actually fighting back sometime inside the first half of the fight.

He won't get a stoppage though, he doesn't put anything into his punches so they carry no power at all. Neither guy will be a top guy in the division, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X