No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo Will Prove He's The Real Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo Will Prove He's The Real Deal

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya believes the upcoming junior middleweight unification, set for April 20th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, will prove WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs) is the real deal. Canelo will face undefeated WBA beltholder Austin "No Doubt" Trout (26-0, 14Kos) in a very anticipated fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Even though I have this as a pick em fight, I truly believe this will be Canelo's coming out party. He will show the world that he is legit and will silence his critics with a convincing victory & put him in line for a Mega fight with Floyd!!! I'm not taking anything away from Trout. Trout could win and I wouldn't be surprised but I think Canelo will show us how strong his power punches really are come April 20th !!! Damn, I can't wait for this fight!!!

Comment

Alvarez has been accustomed to overpowering his opponents. He's going to spend more time than he ever has in transition against Trout. He'll be floating around in spaces his feet and brain aren't used to. He's going to have to play chess this time. We'll see what happens, Oscar.

Comment

This will be a good fight. Although I know Canelo can hit, you can't just out punch people and expect to always win. You need a solid defense too. If he continues to fight guys that are a legitmate 154 lbs, then he's gonna have to have a solid defense to go along with his power and chin. I don't think Mayweather fights him at 154. Thats too dangerous for Floyd. I don't think Canelo fights Floyd at 147 because that would be too dangerous for Canelo. And I doubt they fight at a catch weight. I would like to see Canelo against Martinez or even Chavez Jr. though. We will soon find out as Canelo has to get past April 20th and Floyd has to get past May 4th.

Comment

We will find out this time next week!!

I really can't wait for this fight.

Comment

If canelo wins a fair fight, he's the real deal.

Comment

On paper, this fight is definitely the most anticipated fight of the year!!! The boxing fans get a nice treat to view this on free showtime !!!

Comment

oscar is setting him up for failure. 1 loss doesnt end a fighter but oscar is hyping him up a little too much for his own good. Is trout with golden boy i havent heard oscar say anything about him lol

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  oscar is setting him up for failure. 1 loss doesnt end a fighter but oscar is hyping him up a little too much for his own good. Is trout with golden boy i havent heard oscar say anything about him lol
                  Next week, we find out if, Were hearing Oscar's Wishful Thinking. As for me, I like the Cinnamon Bun, but my Bread is with El Trucho!!
                  Remember the Alamo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                    Next week, we find out if, Were hearing Oscar's Wishful Thinking. As for me, I like the Cinnamon Bun, but my Bread is with El Trucho!!
                    Remember the Alamo!!!
                    Boxers usually Beat the Cat's that depend on Power.
                    Don't take my word for it.Just ask the Flip Flash!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X