Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad is Confident Puerto Rico Will Rise Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad is Confident Puerto Rico Will Rise Again

Puerto Rican boxing legend Felix "Tito" Trinidad is optimistic about the future of Puerto Rican boxing. Currently, the country has only one world champion in Roman "Rocky" Martinez, the WBO super featherweight beltholder. Superstars like Miguel Cotto and Juan Manuel Lopez are nearing the end of their careers, and several top prospects like Thomas Dulorme, Orlando Del Valle and Jonathan Gonzalez have failed to reach their potential.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tito!Tito!Tito!#1

Comment

Hahahaha!!! Keep dreaming Tito, keep dreaming.

These new age PR fighters dont have half the heart that you had in your career. Aside, from Cotto, PR fighters aren't looking as good as they used to.

Well, that very same statements can be geared towards most of these new age fighters. I still watch Trinidad fights and reflect on the glory days.

At least he's optimistic about the PR boxing picture, but it's looking a bit shabby nowadays.

Comment

The next line of world champs I'm pretty sure We'll have is Jonathan"Bomba" Gonzalez, Orlandito Del Valle(especially now that he's training with Legendary trainer Nacho Berstaín), McJoe Arroyo(his brother McWilliams, even thou he was an amateur world champion, he doesn't convince Me as a pro) & Felix Verdejo.. Unfortunately "Chelo" Gonzalez is NOT ready for title shot, as a matter of fact he shouldn't even be ranked #1(especially after his last performance against journeyman Alejandro Rodriguez)Even thou "Chelo" is a strong & well conditioned fighter & has 22 fights under his belt, he hasn't fought a top of the line ranked fighter yet & still needs to work on a few things & correct a few flaws.. But he's already taking on Ricky Burns in Scotland(this will be his first fight out of Puerto Rico) & I would love for him to win, but I don't see him beating Burns.. & the other Jonathan Gonzalez("Mantequilla") I never liked his style & I don't see him winning any world title..

Comment

Cotto seems like the last of the great PR fighters. Even then he's lost his biggest fights. This new bunch just won't cut it, guess its just a bit of dull period for PR at the moment.

Comment

I swear danny garcia is puerto rican

Comment

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
              His father was adamant on his latest rant that his son 'an American' did not get the same opportunities 'foreign' fighters do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
                Danny García is Puerto Rican descent, but he's NOT from Puerto Rico.. He was born & raised in Philadelphia & still lives there, so that makes him a fighter from the u.s. not Puerto Rico.. For example, that's like saying Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini is an Italian ex champ or Danny"Little Red"Lopez & "Chicanito"Hernandez are Mexican exchamps, even thou they are descendants from those country's there are not from there, they are considered & are u.s. exchamps & that's it, it doesn't go any further than that..

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                  Danny García is Puerto Rican descent, but he's NOT from Puerto Rico.. He was born & raised in Philadelphia & still lives there, so that makes him a fighter from the u.s. not Puerto Rico.. For example, that's like saying Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini is an Italian ex champ or Danny"Little Red"Lopez & "Chicanito"Hernandez are Mexican exchamps, even thou they are descendants from those country's there are not from there, they are considered & are u.s. exchamps & that's it, it doesn't go any further than that..
                  I bet you if Danny Garcia becomes a rising Star you won't be saying that ****. I ain't "Boricua" either, I'm Newyorican, but if I was a boxer I'd be representing Puerto Rico with all my heart and you as a fan and as my countryman I would hope would be behind me 100% as such.

On the other hand...yes, we got a serious drought right now and I don't see ANY good fighters on the horizon for us. Dulorme was the last one that was exciting me until him and stupid Dibella bit off more than they could chew with Abregu.

I hope that by the time I come back from Afghanistan in January that there will be a hot prospect that I can look forward to rising up the ranks.

Comment

nothing to worry about

Danny garcia is puerto rican wether he was born on The island or not its in his blood and we have rocky The younger Guys Will be champions soon and The next Big stars Will shine

Comment

Working...
                    X