No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGirt Disputes Bellew's Claim, Says Chilemba Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGirt Disputes Bellew's Claim, Says Chilemba Won

In the immediate aftermath of the draw between light heavyweight Tony Bellew and Isaac Chilemba on Saturday night, the “Bomber”, while proclaiming that he’d won the contest, announced: “Even [Chilemba’s trainer] Buddy McGirt, one of the most respected men in boxing, told me he thought I won.”

BoxingScene caught up with McGirt to discuss the bout and he was keen to refute Bellew’s claims. “No,” he said. “I thought we [Chilemba] won it, but I’m happy with the draw”

He added “Being that we’re in his [Bellew’s] home town I’m happy with the draw. He came in to enemy territory with a hostile crowd and, hey, it’s not a loss — we’re still in position”
    [Click Here To Read More]

McGirt is a good guy. Most likely he said something to Bellew that was supposed to be somewhat motivating ("I thought you did well" or "Being at home, you were unlucky not to get the decision" etc) whilst thinking his fighter deserved the nod.

Bellew being a scabby c*nt was busy trying to justify his inferior display.

Comment

McGirt is an idiot if he did say it even though I do not want to believe bellew I reckon Buddy actually did say so.

Comment

Yea McGirt told you that you won in a fight that realistically you should have lost

Comment

Even if he did say it bellew is a idiot for annoucing it!! What difference was it gonna make? Apart from making a respectable trainer like mcgirt look ******!!

I think bellew won the fight but on both of there performances they dont deserve to share a ring dawson

Comment

The more I think about the fight the less I like Bellew...

The second Chilemba dared to stare back at him he went in with his head, scummy guy.

Comment

Watching it at the arena, i wasn't sure who i saw as the winner as it was a close... and pretty sloppy fight. Rewatching it, i think Bellew nicked it.
              Chilemba did a great job making Bellew miss and frustrated him with his movement. Thats a problem Bellew is going to have to figure out if they fight again.

Bellew annoyed me a bit, the whole staring across the ring at the introductions and barging into Chilemba when the bell had rung inbetween rounds. Chilemba wasn't intimidated, so that something Bellew should just cut-out if they fight again and just focus on the fight.

Bellew was just on the local news then and said a rematch is possible for the Froch Vs Kessler card.

Comment

There's no need for a rematch, no one wants to see it again.

Fight someone else Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                  The more I think about the fight the less I like Bellew...

The second Chilemba dared to stare back at him he went in with his head, scummy guy.
                  Yea I was like WTF is wrong with this guy? He was just pumped up for nothing and blew his gasket by the 5th round, he did the samething against Cleverly and was going on and on about it, even in his fight with Mckenzie he was going over the top. Someone need to tell him to channel his aggression in the right direction or the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    There's no need for a rematch, no one wants to see it again.

Fight someone else Tony.
                    If David Price is getting a rematch after getting knocked the F out I don't see why Chilemba shouldn't get a rematch after actually winning that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X