No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Angel Heredia Joins Team Brandon Rios in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Angel Heredia Joins Team Brandon Rios in Vegas

A subplot was added to this weekend’s Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado rematch when it was reported by Franciso Salazar that strength and conditioning coach Angel ‘Memo’ Heredia had become a part of Rios’ camp.

Heredia’s notoriety comes from his involvement with Mexico City’s Juan Manuel Marquez, as well as his history of having supplied performance-enhancing drugs to Olympic sprinter Marion Jones and others.

Prior to the final pre-fight press conference for this weekend’s event, I was able to get a shot of Heredia with Rios and his trainer Robert Garcia. [Click Here To Read More]

Boss squad.....

Comment

Looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Hopefully Memo's strength and conditioning routines will make a positive difference for Rios.

Comment

I dont even know why Rios need heredia, is he struggling to make 140? if not why does he need him? he already KO alvarado without the need for heredia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I dont even know why Rios need heredia, is he struggling to make 140? if not why does he need him? he already KO alvarado without the need for heredia.
            You really don't understand the need for a good strength and conditioning coach? If dude is really in the mix for a future Pacquiao or Marquez fight, he needs all the help he can get. And improving his strength, power, and endurance now will be a great head start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
              You really don't understand the need for a good strength and conditioning coach? If dude is really in the mix for a future Pacquiao or Marquez fight, he needs all the help he can get. And improving his strength, power, and endurance now will be a great head start.
              heredia is more of a chemist than he is a strength and conditioning coach....

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                heredia is more of a chemist than he is a strength and conditioning coach....
                Whatever helps get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
                  I do. He doesnt need one against Alvarado, he KO him again with or without one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I do. He doesnt need one against Alvarado, he KO him again with or without one.
                    It's not like the first fight was one-sided. He was taking a lot of punishment, and could use an edge. You also have to understand that improvements aren't made over the time-span of a single training camp. Again, if he is truly in the mix for the elite fighters, he needs to get the ball rolling now.

Comment

Working...
                    X