No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Don George Busier and Landed More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Don George Busier and Landed More

George was busier, landed the harder shots and also landed more than half his power shots. Lopez avg'd 31 jabs thrown per round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This write up misses one important point, George looked bland and very beatable against damaged goods. I have problems thinking of any name fighters that I'd pick George over. The "Destroyer" looked his worst ever, slow, rolls of love handles, pushed punches, but George made him look competative. It's hard to argue for or get excited about Don when he looks so ordinary. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to win, I'm just saying it was easy to miss the action, because there wasn't much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      This write up misses one important point, George looked bland and very beatable against damaged goods. I have problems thinking of any name fighters that I'd pick George over. The "Destroyer" looked his worst ever, slow, rolls of love handles, pushed punches, but George made him look competative. It's hard to argue for or get excited about Don when he looks so ordinary. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to win, I'm just saying it was easy to miss the action, because there wasn't much of it.
      That fight wasn't close, Lope dwarfed him in size, was outlanded and popped up by the right hand mutiple times. The fight was far from a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        That fight wasn't close, Lope dwarfed him in size, was outlanded and popped up by the right hand mutiple times. The fight was far from a draw.
        I agree with you, I never said it was close and Lopez was huge, his biggest I've ever seen. I'm just saying George is working with minimum skills. No great jab, no great footwork, no one punch power, or ring generalship. He hit Lopez with the big right hand several times, but Lopez was never hurt or in danger of getting stopped and that's an old, overweight Lopez. George never cornered him or kept him on the ropes, he didn't work the body, he didn't take him out of his confort zone. Lots of things missing in the George arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          This write up is just showing the compubox stats

Comment

Working...
          X