No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Tyson, Holyfield Go Face To Face and Embrace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Tyson, Holyfield Go Face To Face and Embrace

Heavyweight legends Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield embraced at Jewel-Osco on Chicago's South Side. Holyfield was signing autographs and promoting his barbecue sauce at the location. Tyson, who is in town performing his one-man show, surprised Holyfield by stopping by to give his support. Tyson told local reporters he "just wanted to see Evander." At one time they were the worst of enemies. Holyfield, a huge underdog, upset Tyson with an eleventh round TKO in 1996 - and then their 1997 rematch was forever cemented in history after Tyson was disqualified in the third round for biting both of Holyfield's ears.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

thats a nice thing to see

Comment

Tyson even with the troubles seemed like a likable and lovable guy. Even with the crazy build to the Lewis fight afterward he treated Lewis with respect and looked like he cared for him. So seeing this embrace does not surprise me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
          Tyson even with the troubles seemed like a likable and lovable guy. Even with the crazy build to the Lewis fight afterward he treated Lewis with respect and looked like he cared for him.
          i lost what little respect i had for lewis after that fight

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
            i lost what little respect i had for lewis after that fight
            Why? I actually felt sorry for him, his whole career. Dude never got the respect he deserved.

Comment

Makes me want to give a homeless person a hug

Comment

lol ,great pics.. first one made me have goosebumps...like a reunion of a long lost friend....

the real deal no longer the real meal for ol mike, he's a real friend now...

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Why? I actually felt sorry for him, his whole career. Dude never got the respect he deserved.
                  after the fight,lewis sued tyson to try and exercise a rematch clause in their contract

Comment

u know a lot of ppl say Tyson is a terrible man for the raping of that one women, but the fact of the matter is that the man did his time, completely reformed himself as a person, is truly sorry for all the crap he has done, and is now a productive and functioning member of society

all u people who say Tyson is nothing but a rapist and deserves to burn in hell needs to look beyond Tyson's mistakes and look at the type of person he is now

to compare THAT Tyson to THIS Tyson is a crime....I completely forgive him and hope nothing but the best for him and I believe that everyone else should do the same

Comment

Working...
                    X