No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quintero vs. Diaz IBF Eliminator is Eyed For April 5th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quintero vs. Diaz IBF Eliminator is Eyed For April 5th

A date of April 5th, in the United States, is being mentioned for an IBF lightweight final eliminator between Mexico's Marvin Quintero (25-4, 21 KOs) and Panamanian slugger Ameth Diaz (31-11, 22 KOs). The winner would get a shot at the International Federation Boxing (IBF) championship, currently held by Miguel Vazquez. Quintero lost a twelve round split decision to Vazquez in an HBO televised bout last October. He gave Vazquez one of his toughest tests in a long time. Diaz is tough veteran who lost a twelve round decision to Vazquez last January. Vazquez faces WBO champion Ricky Burns in a unification on March 16th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

These guys are ranked 5th and 6th and both have lost to Miguel Vazquez.
    Why would either get a another chance at the title so soon

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
      These guys are ranked 5th and 6th and both have lost to Miguel Vazquez.
      Why would either get a another chance at the title so soon
      This should be a good fight. I get what your saying but Quintero had a good showing of himself and if he would've been able to pressure Vazquez a little earlier he probably could have won that fight. Except for the idiot judge that scored it 118-110 for Vazquez which was a joke. It was probably one of the most entertaining fights Vazquez has had because Quintero was able to make it a fight. I had it 6-5-1 even for Vazquez, but I wouldn't mind seeing him fight the Vazquez Burns winner.

Comment

Working...
      X