Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: British Heavyweights in 2013: Price, Fury, Chisora, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: British Heavyweights in 2013: Price, Fury, Chisora, More

After an eventful 2012 for Britain's top four heavyweights 2013 promises to be even bigger. Whilst David Price and Tyson Fury's continued feud is the most obvious thing to mention, Dereck Chisora faces an important year and David Haye could end up having a career defining year.

Haye's next fight continues to be an enigma. Is it happening? Is it not? Nobody bar his prospective opponent knows, it would seem. Vitali Klitschko, now 41-years-old, continues with his political aspirations in his native Ukraine. However whilst the Londoner continues to state that everything has been agreed, and all it needs is for Vitali and his team to say when and where, the silence from Ukraine continues to be deafening and slightly irritating for fans. [Click Here To Read More]

It's interesting for sure, a lot of decent prospects.

Ultimately I expect Price and Fury to both fail on the world stage, just like Chisora and to a lesser extent, Haye. But there is potential for decent domestic scene there.

Comment

Hopefully Dillian Whyte & Gary Cornish's managers can get them on some European undercards to gain them a bit more experiance & exposure overseas. These 2 will surelly be contesting the British title in a few years time.

Comment

All of the British HW's should fight each other.

Comment

I think Price/Fury is too small now. Imagine a time when Vitali has retired, you could have Price/Fury for the vacant title. Would love to see Fury/Chisora 2, with Del Boy coming in shape this time. And I'm saying it now, if Vitali is serious about only fighting one more time, it will not be with David Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
            All of the British HW's should fight each other.
            This. Lots of good match-ups to be made and the turn out and $$$ would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              I think Price/Fury is too small now. Imagine a time when Vitali has retired, you could have Price/Fury for the vacant title. Would love to see Fury/Chisora 2, with Del Boy coming in shape this time. And I'm saying it now, if Vitali is serious about only fighting one more time, it will not be with David Haye.
              I agree. But Price/Fury or even del boy again would be a good fight for Vitali

Comment

There are lots of interesting matchups to be made in the heavyweight division. I just hope the promoters are willing to do it.

I'd like to see Fury vs. either Klitschko or any top 15 contender. I'd like to see Price fight often and against other ranked contenders.

Price shouldn't fight Fury this year, however, because it will be a much bigger fight in 2014 or 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                  This. Lots of good match-ups to be made and the turn out and $$$ would be great.
                  Yep.......

Comment

These guys need an elimination. Some incentive to fight regularly and even to not be undefeated. Something to free up the works where everyone can go at each other and not simply posture ad infinitum.

I have to say that Del Boy has the right idea. Even though he is on a losing streak people seem to acknowledge that some of the loses are contraversal and that he is a tough opponent.... he is mouthy enough and contrite enough that as he said "I can talk myself into a fight at any time." And Del Boy is young enough that he could actually be a gate keeper for a while, get some more skills and grab a secondary title.

Alot of these other guys have baggage. Price won't take any risks, Fury seems game but won't fight Price? etc etc etc....Just do what Andre Ward and the gang did have an elimination tourney.

Comment

Working...
                    X