No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing in 2012: Reflections on a Year Gone By

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing in 2012: Reflections on a Year Gone By

By Thomas Gerbasi - With 2012 about to make its exit, it’s time to look back at the year gone by. And while this isn’t necessarily about the best fights, fighters, knockouts, upsets, or prospects, it is about what boxing produces on a consistent basis, in good years and bad: memories.

Here are ten of mine… -

FAREWELL EMANUEL -

When the word came down that Emanuel Steward had become seriously ill and wasn’t likely to make it back, it gave those in the boxing community a chance to reflect and almost begin the mourning process. Of course, that didn’t make his eventual passing in October at the age of 68 any easier to take. Simply put, Steward meant so much to so many, whether he was your trainer, mentor, friend, or just the man who produced champions and added insight and knowledge to HBO broadcasts. For me, he was the encyclopedia that was always just a phone call away, and if you ever got to speak to him at length, you’ll know that no question was ever greeted with a one sentence answer. In fact, by the time a call was over, you probably got so many great stories and anecdotes and so much knowledge that you forgot what you originally called about. And the great part about it all is that Emanuel treated everybody the same way – with respect and an openness that made you feel like a best friend immediately. What a legacy to leave, and what a loss for the boxing world. [Click Here To Read More]

Paulie in Brooklyn? really?..............

Comment

Alexander -Bailey FOTY!!!!

Comment

Love the bit on Leo Santa Cruz.

Comment

yea 2012 was wild!!!...if somebody said Cotto and Pac would go 0-4 combined this year with one of them getting iced...I would've bet against that...my man Mike Jones took his first "L" in a bad way...I've yet to watch that fight...knowing me, I never will....all in all, wth the bad decisions excluded...I think our sport had a good year...not great, but it wasn't whack like 2011 was...last year was horrible!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            yea 2012 was wild!!!...if somebody said Cotto and Pac would go 0-4 combined this year with one of them getting iced...I would've bet against that...my man Mike Jones took his first "L" in a bad way...I've yet to watch that fight...knowing me, I never will....all in all, wth the bad decisions excluded...I think our sport had a good year...not great, but it wasn't whack like 2011 was...last year was horrible!!
            No lie. 2011 sucked. 2012 was MUCH better.

Comment

Working...
            X