Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Grachev: Sillakh Was Tougher To Deal With Than Bute!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Grachev: Sillakh Was Tougher To Deal With Than Bute!

Light heavyweight Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8KOs), who suffered his first career defeat on Saturday night in Montreal, felt he was robbed against hometown hero Lucian Bute. Grachev made a name for himself with an unexpected knockout victory over highly redgarded contender Ismayl Sillakh. He felt Sillakh was a much tougher opponent than Bute, who returned from a knockout loss to Carl Froch.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yea I think Grachev won the fight 7-5 rounds he should fight at 168lbs he is really good

Comment

LOL nice effort Grachev, but you clearly lost...

Comment

Yea, IMO Sillakh is a better fighter then Bute, despite losing to Grachev, he was completely outclassing him and barely getting hit at all until he got caught in the 8th. Whereas with Bute, Grachev seemingly was able to find Bute with relative ease, hurt him a few times, and made a strong case for winning the fight.

He won like 4 or 5 rounds in a row at one point IMO. Yet, the Canadian commentator kept scoring the rounds for Bute when Grachev was clearly winning them. I'm not going to call it a robbery, but the thing is, is that Bute was supposed to be several leagues above Grachev and it didn't look that way whatsoever. Bute has no shot in a rematch with Froch, and virtually zero chance against Ward. And the other top SMW's beat Bute as well. I would actually pick Bika to beat Bute and to possibly stop him in a rematch, which goes to show you that Bute has declined. I've always thought Bute was overrated, but now he's declined as well on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
          Yea, IMO Sillakh is a better fighter then Bute, despite losing to Grachev, he was completely outclassing him and barely getting hit at all until he got caught in the 8th. Whereas with Bute, Grachev seemingly was able to find Bute with relative ease, hurt him a few times, and made a strong case for winning the fight.

He won like 4 or 5 rounds in a row at one point IMO. Yet, the Canadian commentator kept scoring the rounds for Bute when Grachev was clearly winning them. I'm not going to call it a robbery, but the thing is, is that Bute was supposed to be several leagues above Grachev and it didn't look that way whatsoever. Bute has no shot in a rematch with Froch, and virtually zero chance against Ward. And the other top SMW's beat Bute as well. I would actually pick Bika to beat Bute and to possibly stop him in a rematch, which goes to show you that Bute has declined. I've always thought Bute was overrated, but now he's declined as well on top of it.
          Well said. I agree 100%.

Comment

Syllakh was completely dominating Grachev until he got sloppy and was knocked out, Bute had serious trouble with a one dimensional Grachev (I had Grachev winning 7-5 btw)

Comment

I'm surprised that people were unaware that Bute was a hypejob. That's what happens when fans give you credit for things you've never done. What's Bute's best win? Sakio Bika or a 42 year old Glen Johnson? Bute was never much, just a flash in the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Power View Post
                I'm surprised that people were unaware that Bute was a hypejob. That's what happens when fans give you credit for things you've never done. What's Bute's best win? Sakio Bika or a 42 year old Glen Johnson? Bute was never much, just a flash in the pan.
                A one trick pony, i've said it numerous times. He's always looked ordinary up until he lands that counter uppercut. Prevent that, and it's smooth sailing.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  A one trick pony, i've said it numerous times. He's always looked ordinary up until he lands that counter uppercut. Prevent that, and it's smooth sailing.
                  He was more of a volume guy earlier, he's totally bought into this power punching rep since Andrade 1. He was landing a lot of clean uppercuts last night, just in isolation and vs a guy that could take them fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post

Couldn't have said it better. Great post.

Comment

Working...
                    X