No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Grachev Ready To Give Bute A Froch-less Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denis Grachev Ready To Give Bute A Froch-less Future

By Jake Donovan - This weekend’s headliner at the Bell Centre in Montreal is designed as a confidence builder for Lucian Bute. The former super middleweight titlist returns to the ring for the first time since his devastating, title-ending knockout loss at the hands of Carl Froch, whom he plans on rematching early next year.

The proposed sequel is contingent – from a marketability standpoint – on the outcome of Saturday’s showdown with Denis Grachev. Bute’s handlers chose the unbeaten light heavyweight as the opponent for a variety of reasons, though with the overall perception that a win in such a fight will look good for the next step in his career.

Grachev really doesn’t care why he was chosen. All he sees is yet another opportunity to upset the apple cart.

“Lucian Bute is a tough fighter but he showed in his last fight that he can’t handle pressure,” believes Grachev (12-0-1, 8KO), who has scored three straight knockouts heading into this weekend’s affair. “That is what we are going to do, pressure him from round one.” [Click Here To Read More]

I've got nothing but respect for this guy; what hes achieved in kickboxing, MMA & boxing. He will fight anyone and is tough as they come.

The guy is a machine. Maybe not the most naturally gifted or athletic guy on the planet but he is one mean, tough son of a b1tch!

Warrr Grachev!

Comment

That's what i'm saying right there..dude with no fear of fighting anyone..Bute will have his hands full. Didn't know much about this cat before but i'm about to hit up youtube to take a look.

Comment

Article should be call "grachev doesn't give a froch"

Comment

Bute will probably win big and start his way back. Sometimes though fighters don't recover from their first knockout and are never the same. Makes this fight interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jury View Post
            Bute will probably win big and start his way back. Sometimes though fighters don't recover from their first knockout and are never the same. Makes this fight interesting.
            Actually, Bute knows how's to be KOed... Golovkin KOed him as an amateur; Andrade KOed him in their first fight; Carl did it last May... Right?

South paws "are asking" to be KOed... I saw Ward (who is an inverted south paw) dropping, face down, following a Boone's (!?!) short uppercut... I saw Martinez practically KOed by Chavez Jr... I think Bute realized what his defense problems consist in...

Comment

Could Grachev actually upset Bute at Home in Canada?? What an upset that would be.

Comment

Honestly, what the **** was Bute doing in the Froch fight? Backing up until he was on the ropes and not letting his hands go - that's a sure fire way to get KTFO!

Grachev by KO might be worth a small wager

Comment

Originally posted by Clark81 View Post
                  Honestly, what the **** was Bute doing in the Froch fight? Backing up until he was on the ropes and not letting his hands go - that's a sure fire way to get KTFO!

Grachev by KO might be worth a small wager
                  That's exactly what I saw. He looked frustrated with Froch because he was landing great shots but HE put himself on the ropes. I don't understand why he did that. He should've just settled down and boxed Froch from the outside. Just shows he wasn't focused with the crowd in Nottingham booing him or something.

Comment

Excellent article. Very interesting and informative. Grachev is a throwback fighter in the sense that he loves to fight! Definitely made me a bigger fan of his. Good luck to him and Bute in their upcoming bout. I feel they BOTH have their hands full.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Article should be call "grachev doesn't give a froch"
                    Yes. +1

Comment

Working...
                    X