No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute: Between a Hard Place and a Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute: Between a Hard Place and a Carl Froch

by Cliff Rold - Halloween will be a few days behind him by the time he steps into the ring on Saturday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be without scares. Back home in the arena where he has been king, former IBF Super Middleweight titlist Lucian Bute (30-1, 24 KO) will be warmly received but it would be normal for his fans to feel what the fighter will certainly have to experience.

Fear.

Denis Grachev (12-0-1, 8 KO) will be looking to treat himself with the trick of victory against a fighter under scrutiny. In its own way, Bute enters an even more dangerous domain than he did in May against former WBC champion Carl Froch.

Froch was a test of legitimacy.

Grachev is a test for relevance.

Without a win on Saturday, relevance will be in short supply for Bute. While there may remain a contract demanding a Super Middleweight rematch with Froch next year, and this fight will technically take place at Light Heavyweight, the attractiveness of such an affair can evaporate in a moment. [Click Here To Read More]

I think Bute will win this one.

As for the Froch fight, well it's boxing and anything can happen, but the first one is about as clinical as you can get

Comment

Something tells me that Bute will do a lot better against Froch the second time around. Call it a hunch.

Comment

Bute should get a good win vs Grachev
        don't know much of him, but doubtful he got picked if he's a threat
        no way Bute beats Froch in the rematch though
        complete 180's are rare in rematches, and Bute needs one

Comment

LOL.....personally i think Bute is a fraud...

Comment

Grachev looked good in 2 , mayb 3 rounds vs Syllakh & steaady work got him the tko...Bute is a differfent animal, who should win but his egg was cracked 1st by Miranda...Froch will tko him again, wherever the bout is...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Something tells me that Bute will do a lot better against Froch the second time around. Call it a hunch.
              I'll choose to call it delusion. We didn't see anything in the first fight that would even slightly suggest that he can withstand the shots from Froch. He exposed his lack of top notch competition - He is a talented fighter, but not a top 3 SMW by any stretch of the imagination. Plus, Froch will know that if he lands on that dodgy chin, Bute is out. He is way too weight drained for 168.

Comment

... In case the first Froch-Bute fight was not a fix (and I think it wasn't), I don't see Bute performing much better in a rematch...
                I used to be a Bute's fan, but I saw (since long ago) that he has a poor defense and practically no inside boxing abilities...

Comment

Dangerous comeback Bute should outbox Grachev for thd majority off the fight but Grachev knowing what he did too Silakh and knowing Lucians chin problems will keep coming.I predict a nerve filled ud win for Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    He couldn't do any worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X