Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McEwan, Valentine, Vaughan, Masnouri: Prizefighter 11/3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McEwan, Valentine, Vaughan, Masnouri: Prizefighter 11/3

Middleweights contenders Craig McEwan (21-2, 10KOs), Curtis Valentine (5-2, 4KOs), Peter Vaughan (6-1-1, 1KO) and Navid Mansouri (8-0-1, 3KOs) have been announced by promoter Eddie Hearn as first four of the eight participants in the final Prizefighter tournament of 2012, taking place on November 3rd at York Hall in London.

[Click Here To Read More]

Despite his defeats I think McEwan is a level above these tournaments. It's basically a kind of boxing where the best fighter is less likely to win than would be the case in a full distance fight.

But maybe he's had difficulty getting some of the other British middleweights into the ring or something.

Comment

McEwan's spent the past year over here and has wasted his time fighting opponents far, far inferior to himself. I guess the entrance into Prizefighter is just to earn some money but he really needs to be getting the best fights possible.

Who's promoting McEwan?

Comment

Getting a bit tired of Prizefighter myself with all these rubbish prospects with zero power though McEwan is at least reasonable.

It used to be appealing because they would put guys in who were vulnerable and could crack and actually could sell tickets.

The four to follow are going to be something like...
        Paul Samuels, Kerry Hope and two more guys nobody has ever heard of and won't want to see again even if they should win.

Comment

If I was on the McEwan PR team, I would stay away from the Lee fight. There's something to be said about you if you dominate a guy over 11 rounds, fail to knock him out, and gas out on the final round. McEwan basically let Lee pull the Homer Simpson strategy and Lee just knocked an exhausted McEwan over.

Comment

Working...
          X