No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gavin Rees Hoping Hearn Secures World Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gavin Rees Hoping Hearn Secures World Title Shot

Gavin Rees is hoping promoter Eddie Hearn can get him a world title shot some five years after his first short reign at the top.

It is that long since the Welshman defeated Souleymane M'baye for the WBA light-welterweight title, one that he lost in his first defence 10 months later.

But he has clawed his way back and currently holds both the British and European lightweight straps.

And while his promoters have several routes to go down, including a potential clash with WBA champion Richard Abril, Rees is in no doubt that he belongs at elite level.

"It's been five years, so it's been a long time to be honest," he told Sky Sports. "It's good, since I teamed up with Matchroom they've got me on Prizefighter, which I won, I've now won British and European titles, so the next step hopefully is the world title.

"I think I'm better now, I think everyone feels I'm better. People are saying I'm getting better with every performance, I'm only 32, and as long as I'm improving I'll go on for as long as I want. [Click Here To Read More]
Working...
X