No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez: I'm Satisifed Martinez Has Underestimated Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez: I'm Satisifed Martinez Has Underestimated Me

WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) is having no issues with his training and he's looking forward to Saturday's title defense against Sergio Martinez (49-2-2, 28KOs) at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

The Racket Squad: Junior Exposed?

On paper, I gave the primary advantages to Julio based on size, strength, aggression, age and determination.
    After watching the up close look of bluster he pronounced on HBO's 24/7 I am now convinced that he lacks the intrinsic skill required to defeat an artist such as Sergio.
    Training is an art within itself and he has not appeared to master it.

Even at 37, a master craftsman conditioned in the physical and mental arts as Martinez is, should be able to negate the assault that Chavez will bring.

Sergio: UD

Comment

chavez jr may not be as quick as sergio but his punches are way heavier...chavez will dig the sides of martinez and the argentinian will slowly fall...

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
        chavez jr may not be as quick as sergio but his punches are way heavier...chavez will dig the sides of martinez and the argentinian will slowly fall...
        What is the indication that Jr is heavier-handed or hits harder than Sergio? A guy like Jr needs to plan his feet to confidently let his hands go, while Sergio can choose to box while circling or while on his toes.

Comment

Martinez isn't underestimating Chavez at all. His camp knows how dangerous Chavez is and he knows deep down it's a difficult fight.

Martinez is just enjoying himself more as for once (and deservedly so) he has the limelight. So he's talking trash like everyone else does.

Comment

I'm Satisifed Martinez Has Underestimated Me
            Sergio Martinez will find out what 47 others have learned: JCC JR is the best damn middleweight God ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              What is the indication that Jr is heavier-handed or hits harder than Sergio? A guy like Jr needs to plan his feet to confidently let his hands go, while Sergio can choose to box while circling or while on his toes.
              He lands enough you'll get hurt.
              He's 50% KO since he won his belt

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                He lands enough you'll get hurt.
                He's 50% KO since he won his belt
                My point is, Chavez has a much lesser chance of landing consistently if Sergio chooses to box and use the ring. He doesn't have one-punch power, he has to put hands on Sergio every round to stop him. Sergio has already shown that he can fuck his opponent up once he plants his feet and gets leverage, and it takes him less time to do it.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 09-11-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  My point is, Chavez has a much lesser chance of landing consistently if Sergio chooses to box and use the ring. He doesn't have one-punch power, he has to put hands on Sergio every round to stop him. Sergio has already shown that he can fuck his opponent up once he plants his feet and gets leverage.
                  IMO, Lee started caving in when he gave up the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    IMO, Lee started caving in when he gave up the jab.
                    The small ring, coupled with the fact that Lee doesn't have good head/torso movement, made him a sitting duck. He was forced to fight in the phone-booth and couldn't do shit about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X