No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Vows To Be More Dedicated in Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Vows To Be More Dedicated in Return

Junior middleweight Jonathan Gonzalez (15-0-1, 13KOs) says there were several issues in his recent training camp, which hurt his ability to make weight for Saturday's HBO televised fight with former WBO champion Sergeri Dzinziruk.

The boxer weighed no more than 156-pounds for any of his previous fights. Last Friday the Puerto Rican prospect came on the scale at 163-pounds, nine more pounds than his division limit. By the time he entered the ring, the boxer says he weighed 172-pounds. [Click Here To Read More]

Maybe one Big Mac meal instead of the whole menu next time for Gonzalez.

Comment

The Racket Squad: Cheaters Delight

Just as I no longer take Broner seriously, I find Gonzalez less talented and a follower of that dynamic.
      If a fighter cheats once with the world looking on, he thinks he is bigger then the game and will ignore the rules again.

I do not think that many fully appreciate the danger of training for an opponent at a contracted weight and then facing that man who is 10 pounds heavier or more on fight night.

No amount of cash will buy you out of a permanent coma and those fights should be cancelled and the fighter suspended.
      It is becoming a dangerously acceptable standard if a promoter can purchase the honest man and then promote the cheater to bigger and better matches.

Comment

Coming in 9lbs+ overweight is completely embarrassing. Also, he couldn't even stop Dzinziruk and had to settle for a draw.

Comment

Stay away from delisious pr food [calories]

My advise to JG stay away from rice and beans [arros con pollo] and bread and butter [pan con mantequilla] and I guarantee he'll make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by mike gonzalez View Post
            My advise to JG stay away from rice and beans [arros con pollo] and bread and butter [pan con mantequilla] and I guarantee he'll make weight.
            Rice and beans is not arroz con pollo lol. But he should stay away from the frituras. Effing joke of a fighter.

Comment

If Gonzalez wants to be serious about training and come to the fight in shape he should go out to California and train with Arreola.......Wait? After thinking about it I feel a need to retract that statement.

Comment

He's a fat slob!! Like I said before, I've seen "Mantequilla" fight a number of times(ever since his pro debute) & he's never impressed Me..Supposedly he had hired Pedro Diaz(Cotto's new trainer) to work with him & he even went to train in Colorado to train..It looks like he was eating a lot more than what he was training..¿How in the world a fighter & his team don't notice he's 9lbs(2 category's) OVER THE LIMIT!?Especially on the biggest fight(to date) of his career in which there was suppose to be a title at state & in a major network that's watched by millions!!First he blamed that he was moved around(traveled) the last few days before the fight & by the comments he's made now, he's now admitting he didn't dedicate himself to train right & to his fullest.& he's lucky Dzinziruk didn't fight how he usually does, cause Dzinziruk looked sort of lost, not throwing enough(way lower than his normal average) & not throwing combinations(how he usually does) & he was way smaller than "Mantequilla" who came in at the light heavyweight category that night..
                Last edited by Tomasio; 09-03-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Cuchifritos ' r ' us

Ravens Fan, you almost killed me with laughter, quote, JG go to Cali and unquote, train with Arreola, nooooooooooooooooo JG don't do it!!! But I can sure tell you one thing though Ravens Fan, Theres one thing that JG keeps in shape, his eyebrows, he will make Kim Kardashian jeolous.

Comment

Corrections

jtcs1981, thanks for correcting me arroz con pollo is rice and chicken or poultry, not rice and beans. Jonathan Gonzalez, please do yourself a favor,
                    runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X