No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Geale Ends The Long Title Reign of Felix Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Geale Ends The Long Title Reign of Felix Sturm

IBF middleweight champion Daniel Geale of Australia defeated Felix Sturm on a split decision to take the German's WBA title in their unification bout on Saturday night in Germany. Judges Stanley Christodoulou and Dave Parris both scored the bout 116-112 in favor of Geale, while Eugene Grant gave it 116-112 to Sturm. Geale also won his IBF belt on a split decision in Germany, and he was making his third defense of the title he won by beating Sebastian Sylvester in Neubrandenburg last May. Geale improves his record to 28-1 with 15 KOs. Sturm, a German of Bosnian descent, drops to 37-3-2 with 16 KOs after the 33-year-old's first defeat since 2006.

[Click Here To Read More]

gary shaw got fatter

Comment

It was a long time coming, sturm on the slide and can only benefit from so many robberies

Comment

YES!!!!!
        So happy had to go training so only got to see first 2 rounds.

Comment

Long live King Geale! The savior of the MW division!

Now we need Josesito to save the JMW...

Comment

Sturm was due for a loss. He has never gone out to try and dominate his opponents, only this time he didn't get the benefit of a close decision. If I was Sturm, I would look towards an opportunity to risk it all in a fight against a high profile opponent, he has nothing to lose now.

Comment

Geale stepped it up when it mattered and Sturm was getting no close decision this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                Sturm was due for a loss. He has never gone out to try and dominate his opponents, only this time he didn't get the benefit of a close decision. If I was Sturm, I would look towards an opportunity to risk it all in a fight against a high profile opponent, he has nothing to lose now.
                Sturm vs Abraham would be MASSIVE in Germany, and a good, matchup too

Comment

Props to Geale

Really glad Geale got the nod here I was sure there was homecookin on the cards towards the end.The commentator on boxnation was hedging his bets hinting that geale was comfortably ahead and then having to check himself as it dawned on him the fight was in Germany.
                  Unfortunate for Geale he looks like Sven Ottke thank God he doesnt fight like him!

Comment

I'm still surprised they actually gave the decision to Geale.I didn't think this was as close as the Murray and Macklin fights,but Geale didn't exactly dominate him and Sturm has always been given the benefit of reasonably close fights in his own backyard.

Comment

Working...
                    X