Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Jones Legal Rift, Trying To Break Promotional Ties

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Jones Legal Rift, Trying To Break Promotional Ties

Top welterweight contender Mike Jones (26-1, 19KOs) has joined the recent string of fighters who are attempting to break their existing promotional agreements. Jones was last seen in action in the month of June on the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where the Philadelphia boxer suffered his first pro defeat when Randall Bailey knocked him out in the eleventh round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hmmm...someone seems to be stirring up trouble in the boxing world. I wonder who tho.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Hmmm...someone seems to be stirring up trouble in the boxing world. I wonder who tho.
      Right... wonder why boxers are so in a rush to get out of current contracts lately. Is it to have to freedom of being a free agent or is there a promotional company that they are trying to get to....honestly i think he didnt want that extra 3 years really..

Comment

This is pretty fcked up, mike jones had every opportunity in the world to be a top fighter, top rank treated him like he was a god, built him slowly, gave him fights he was suppose to win, paid Him well, gave him good exposure, WTF else does this clown want?

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          This is pretty fcked up, mike jones had every opportunity in the world to be a top fighter, top rank treated him like he was a god, built him slowly, gave him fights he was suppose to win, paid Him well, gave him good exposure, WTF else does this clown want?
          True, but I don't think Top Rank promoted him directly... just worked with his promoter right?
          Anyway, Jones lost his chance to be a champ.... only his fault.

Comment

those TMT cats got these dudes trying to break outta prison!!! ...run Mike run!! LOL

Comment

lol... Mike isn't even that good. He should just stay under Top Rank's protective wing

Comment

Jones gets KTFO in his first title opportunity and now he wants to severe ties and move on. I'm fine with that, I was tired of getting force fed Mike Jones for every undercard anyways. The guy needs a total re-evaluation from trainer to fighting style. To think, we were probably a few less Randall Bailey rights hands from seeing Pacquiao's next opponent to a guy in contract hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Yup he a ungratefull brat.

Comment

This is protocol now... if you lose, you either a) change nutritionist, b) change trainer, or c) change promoter.

Comment

Working...
                    X