Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham in a Good Position Against Tough Stieglitz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham in a Good Position Against Tough Stieglitz

When Arthur Abraham flattened Jermain Taylor at the O2 World Arena in 2009 he looked like breaking through as a legitimate world superstar.

Then 30-0, the Berlin-based Armenian was drawing huge crowds and a favourite with plenty in boxing to go on and lift the Super Six.

However, three defeats in four subsequent outings saw his star fade so 'King Arthur' tries to kick-start his career this weekend when he challenges Robert Stieglitz for the WBO super-middleweight title.

As a middleweight Abraham was a straight-up killer, defending his prized IBF crown in impressive fashion time and time again with a series of devastating stoppage wins.

But it's no secret he has struggled up at 168 and should he blow this opportunity against Stieglitz then he can wave goodbye to the big paydays and glory nights, perhaps forever. [Click Here To Read More]

Good article & I have gone with the 5/2 stoppage myself. I don't think Stieglitz lasts the distance in this one.

Comment

Hopefully Stieglitz stays smart in the ring. No mindless slugging, just box behind the jab and throw combinations when Abraham is tucked behind his shell. He's also gonna have to clinch a little too to make sure he has enough in the tank for the championship rounds. He'll most likely sweep the first half, but Abraham likes to come on in the last 4 rounds. I don't think Stieglitz needs to be the "real deal" to beat AA. Abraham and Stieglitz are on the same level to me, and AA has already shown that he can't hang at the top.

Comment

I may take advantage of that 5/2 as well. Definitely think AA takes this by KO.

Comment

Working...
        X