Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ukraine Is Bitterly Infuriated with Ievgen Khytrov Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ukraine Is Bitterly Infuriated with Ievgen Khytrov Loss

Anthony Ogogo of the United Kingdom made big waves earlier today by winning a razor thin decision over heavily favoured Ukrainian Ievgen Khytrov in a round of 16 in the middleweight division of 2012 London Olympics.

[Click Here To Read More]

i think boxers should just strike the olympics, it seems to be a failure anyways. so why even bother with it? all that hard work for a points system that is flawed!

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
      i think boxers should just strike the olympics, it seems to be a failure anyways. so why even bother with it? all that hard work for a points system that is flawed!
      There will be robberies no matter what the system is imo. Im not a big fan of the scoring at the olympics, but this has been going on in boxing, both amateur and pro for decades. Why do you think they changed the scoring system after Seoul 88 when Roy Jones got robbed?

Anyways in a subjective sport like this, the hometown boy often gets the nod if the fight is even reasonably close.

Comment

This article needs to be posted on more websites...That was just terrible...

What is shocking is that they didnt even review the appeal and dismissed it right away...

Even the British press is screaming foul...

It was plain as day who won......I mean the scores were 53-52...

"Ukraine's Olympic Committee told Reuters it was considering taking a case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport after middleweight Evhen Khytrov lost a tight contest to Briton Anthony Ogogo." -****ing right, they should do just that.
        Last edited by Banderivets; 08-02-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

U mad, Ukraine?

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
            This article needs to be posted on more websites...That was just terrible...

What is shocking is that they didnt even review the appeal and dismissed it right away...

Even the British press is screaming foul...

It was plain as day who won......I mean the scores were 53-52...

"Ukraine's Olympic Committee told Reuters it was considering taking a case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport after middleweight Evhen Khytrov lost a tight contest to Briton Anthony Ogogo." -****ing right, they should do just that.
            Hope they do.

I also couldn't help but wonder why either Klychko hasn't spoken up in support of Khytrov. I thought i remembered reading that Volodymyr was going to be in London for the Olympics. If this event passes without either saying anything to support Zhenya i would be a little disappointed.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Its a fix and complete bull****

There is an obvious error in the scoring, Khytrov won 53-52 let alone the fact that he won overall

THen when the problem is brought up, they dont even wanna review it?

Comment

When the Olympics are held in the Ukraine, they will get all the gold they want. Bad decisions, shamefull scoring and all. They want to act like the only party ever offended this way, but it happens all the time and they'll do it too when they get their chance.

Comment

I thought Ogogo lost in his first fight against this guy from the Dominican I believe. They announced dude as the winner and I was like what fight were the judges watching? When they announced he was British, I was like oh I see what they were watching.

Comment

Why is the boxing aspect so bad in the Olympics? The rest seems straight forward from what I've seen, even the gymnastics which has very subjective scoring.

Comment

Working...
                    X