No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Defining Victor Conte’s “Role” in the Andre Berto Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Defining Victor Conte’s “Role” in the Andre Berto Camp

This is an excerpt from my piece at Maxboxing.com “Andre Berto Tests Positive for the Molecule of the Month: Nadrolone.” The section explains the timeline and role anti-doping activist Victor Conte had or in the case of Andre Berto’s May 3 positive test for nandrolone. Mr. Berto’s positive sample was one collected in Winter Haven, Florida at a training camp Conte never visited.

[Click Here To Read More]

Understanding both the advanced methods Conte used in the BALCO case and the primitive drug nandrolone is, one need only to use logic to decipher Conte’s statement and the situation. At a time like this in boxing, self-education is essential before we move to judge.
    Not sure I agree with this at all.

It seems like you're saying (and it's certainly the case that Conte is saying) that Berto probably didn't take the substance because it would be very stupid to take a drug that is easy to detect when you know you're subject to random drug testing.

Have people learned nothing from the Peterson thing? The guy requested extra drug testing even though he was using an illegal substance. Dumb, dumb, dumb. The idea that Berto can't have used nandrolone because it would be stupid for him to do so is ridiculous. Maybe he really is that stupid. The fact that there are boxers out there who are lacking in intelligence can't be considered a surprise.

If you want to buy someone's bull**** and call it "self-education" then fair enough.

Also, the fact that Conte hasn't been involved with Berto for a couple of months doesn't mean he has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't be shocked if Conte has taught him a way to cheat and still beat the tests, and Berto messed up the process as soon as Conte wasn't around to supervise things.

Comment

Ill just wait to hear what Berto says about Conte but its not a good look to throw your client under the bus at the 1st sign of trouble. I dont think that would make other boxers want to work with him.

I understand Conte trying to clear his name after what he's been through but atleast wait for Berto to blame you or even bring your name up. Berto did nothing like that. I would feel so back stabbed if I was him.

It also makes it look lime something guilty was going on weather it was Conte doing it or knowing that Berto was doing it. Its like "we got caught but dont look at me, he did it"

Comment

I think Berto has always been a cheat he went to Conte to conceal, Berto, Mosley Roy Jones, James Toney Evander Holyfield should be banned from the hall of fame for being Steroid cheats

Comment

I don't doubt Conte being involved in some **** but I don't think he's stupid enough to give Berto something that is easily detectable, as well as hard to get rid of. Conte probably juices all of his fighters...who da ****k knows. Boxing is looking like a street full of whores infested with std's. Urrrrybody has to get checked because urrrybody is looking dirty at the moment. Check BPP too...that motha****a on dat a-side meth
          Last edited by Hi-Dro; 05-20-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            I think Berto has always been a cheat he went to Conte to conceal, Berto, Mosley Roy Jones, James Toney Evander Holyfield should be banned from the hall of fame for being Steroid cheats
            yeah it's time for boxing as a sport to take a stand and forget these cheating losers who have brought shame to the sport

Comment

Roy Jones tested for ripped fuel, he wasnt cheating. shut up with that noise.

Comment

This dude is in love with victor conte.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Ill just wait to hear what Berto says about Conte but its not a good look to throw your client under the bus at the 1st sign of trouble. I dont think that would make other boxers want to work with him.

I understand Conte trying to clear his name after what he's been through but atleast wait for Berto to blame you or even bring your name up. Berto did nothing like that. I would feel so back stabbed if I was him.

It also makes it look lime something guilty was going on weather it was Conte doing it or knowing that Berto was doing it. Its like "we got caught but dont look at me, he did it"
                  How's he throwing Berto under the bus? He's been going out of his way to defend him by saying he didn't do it on purpose. If Conte stayed absolutely quiet without talking about all these things he's been talking about, Berto would be looking more guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
                    Roy Jones tested for ripped fuel, he wasnt cheating. shut up with that noise.
                    There is no steroid in ripped fuel and theier never has been. What you think roy is above excuses?

Comment

Working...
                    X