No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Eyes October Barclays Defense in NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chemito Moreno Eyes October Barclays Defense in NYC

Panamanian star Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (33-1-1, 12KOs), the bantamweight champion of the World Boxing Association, is likely going to make his eleventh defense on October 20th at the Barclays Center in New York City. Moreno's co-promoter, Carlos Gonzalez, says Moreno will defend his title in October at a new stadium in New York. Golden Boy Promotions, who handle Moreno in the United States, are planning a big event for their debut event at the venue.

[Click Here To Read More]

This might be against Agbeko, if he wins against Domingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      That would be awesome.

Comment

This is really good news, more exposure + a good performance should = the P4P recognition that Chemito deserves. My only worry is that there doesn't really seem to be many people left at 118 who would do. Roman mentioned Agbeko, OK, that's a solid matchup, but that fight hardly gets people too enthused. If Donaire's busy with Mijares, why not try to get Arce?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          fighting mare's left overs? just fight mares

Comment

Dude, Mares is at 122 and hunting more popular fish.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              This is really good news, more exposure + a good performance should = the P4P recognition that Chemito deserves. My only worry is that there doesn't really seem to be many people left at 118 who would do. Roman mentioned Agbeko, OK, that's a solid matchup, but that fight hardly gets people too enthused. If Donaire's busy with Mijares, why not try to get Arce?
              Arce is with Top Rank? And, pretty popular. No way Bob Arum makes that fight. Plus he is saving Arce for Donaire.

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
              fighting mare's left overs? just fight mares
              Exactly "just fight Mares." You should ask yourself why isn't that fight being made, who is to blame, and why did Mares leave 118 while Chemito is there.?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                That would be awesome.
                He is the only fighter right now at 118 that means anything. That would basically be for the lineal title.

Agbeko is the only name guy lefl at 118 so it has to be him. I don't see why Golden Boy wouldn't look at his direction. And, after that he can move up to 122.

I would have like for Golden Boy to keep Moreno more busy though. They should have put him in a fight like in July too. Maybe on the undercard of Broner-Escobedo.

Comment

Fair enough, forgot that Arce was with Top Rank. In which case Moreno-Agbeko's a really good right. If he wins, roll on 122; he's in with Donaire, Rigo, Mares and Nishioka (maybe) there. 122 could become a gem, if the fights get made. And Mares could have fought Moreno, sure, but I think apportioning actual blame on either side is a little harsh given that Mares was remathcing Agbeko and then got handed a dream opp for the WBC belt at 122, you can't really expect him to turn that down.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                    Fair enough, forgot that Arce was with Top Rank. In which case Moreno-Agbeko's a really good right. If he wins, roll on 122; he's in with Donaire, Rigo, Mares and Nishioka (maybe) there. 122 could become a gem, if the fights get made. And Mares could have fought Moreno, sure, but I think apportioning actual blame on either side is a little harsh given that Mares was remathcing Agbeko and then got handed a dream opp for the WBC belt at 122, you can't really expect him to turn that down.
                    No, Mares doesn't deserve the blame. I'm pretty sure Mares would fight him.

It's Golden Boy who doesn't want to make that fight. They see Mares as a potential ticket seller, not sure if they see that in Moreno. They both are promoted by Golden Boy. If Golden Boy wants to make it they could have fought last month or next. But, Golden Boy doesn't want to make it...Not now at least. Lets see if they make it before the 4 fight deal is done with Moreno.

Comment

Working...
                    X