No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: British Board Lashes Out Over Haye-Chisora Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: British Board Lashes Out Over Haye-Chisora Promotion

It has come to the attention of the Stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control that the Luxembourg Boxing Federation is considering putting on a promotion within the jurisdiction of the Board between Dereck Chisora and David Haye. The Stewards condemn any attempt by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation to do so.

[Click Here To Read More]

They took the licenses from both fighters, what those fighters then do is no longer the BBBOC's business as I see it. They are complaining about the people who will make the fight 'not caring about the sport' - sorry, but putting on an exciting fight, in the heavyweight division especially, does nothing but help the sport.

They will get the go ahead elsewhere, like it or not, and the fight will be a major event.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      They took the licenses from both fighters, what those fighters then do is no longer the BBBOC's business as I see it. They are complaining about the people who will make the fight 'not caring about the sport' - sorry, but putting on an exciting fight, in the heavyweight division especially, does nothing but help the sport.

They will get the go ahead elsewhere, like it or not, and the fight will be a major event.
      Couldn't agree more even people that don't watch boxing are talking about this fight, I'm pretty sure if this fight ends in a ko which I think it will, will bring more people closer to boxing

Comment

"The Stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control make it clear that the British Boxing Board of Control will assume no responsibility in respect of any aspect of such promotion and any participation therein would not be covered by any insurance policy taken out by the Board.Participation includes taking any steps directly or indirectly, to arrange, advertise, broadcast, facilitate, officiate or take part in any way in such a promotion"
        Awwwww BBBofC are not playing anymore....Now I just feel bad

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Precisely.

If the BBBOC isn't sanctioning this fight or licencing the fighters, I fail to see how it can bring British boxing and the BBBOC into disrepute?

500k plus BoxNation sales, 35,000 in attendance at Upton Park, and huge media coverage is a massive shot in the arm for British boxing no matter what the controversies or circumstances are surrounding the fight.

Boxing is a rough business, full of sneaky characters, and shady goings on. It always has been, and always will be. If you aren't willing to cash in on the controversy, you don't belong in the fight game. Arum and Warren are despised, but they sure have been successful over the years, because they have always been willing to cash in. In this case, cashing in is good for the sport. In the case of Margarito, well Cotto got his revenge so what does that tell you? In boxing, all business in good business!

Comment

How is Luxembourg a part of the jurisdiction of the BBBoC?

Comment

BBBofC...seem to intervene whenever it suits them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                How is Luxembourg a part of the jurisdiction of the BBBoC?
                European open trade laws. In other words taxation without representation brah

Comment

The BBBoC needs to shut the eff up, they are just bureaucrats terrified of losing whatever little power they have left. People want Haye-Chisora, this is going to be the biggest heavyweight fight on UK soil for some time

Comment

Shut the fuck up and suck it.

Comment

Working...
                    X