No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Eyes a Possible Ring Return in Panama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Eyes a Possible Ring Return in Panama

Venezuelan former world champion Jorge "El Niņo de Oro" Linares (31-3, 20KOs) is considering a potential ring return in Panama. At the WBA's recent "KO TO DRUGS" event, Linares expressed his desire to fight in the country. Linares has dropped his last two fights, both by knockout. He was stopped by Antonio DeMarco in eleven rounds last October, and then he was stopped in two rounds by Sergio Thompson in a March lightweight eliminator. Linares has already fought twice in Panama, with the last time being in 2008.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He better let those cuts heal first or get them looked at. Maybe try to make some changes in his camp as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      He better let those cuts heal first or get them looked at. Maybe try to make some changes in his camp as well.
      personally i think linares is done developing and will never amount to anything

but if he's going to have any chance at all he'll need a real change of pace. i'd suggest a year off.

he's stopped twice in a row now. boxing and being technical is natural to him, but fighting isnt. he rolls punches the wrong way, he doesnt react well when he gets hurt, he has no real power or intent on his punches, he's just not a natural fighter.

he got beat up by a bum in his last fight. i hate calling a pro fighter a bum, but compared to the hype of linares the guy is a nobody. losing to antonio demarco in a great fight is forgivable, but getting stopped in two by a nobody and knocked the hell out against salgado in one round is an indictment on your durability

if they were just shadowboxing linares would be a champion

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        personally i think linares is done developing and will never amount to anything

but if he's going to have any chance at all he'll need a real change of pace. i'd suggest a year off.

he's stopped twice in a row now. boxing and being technical is natural to him, but fighting isnt. he rolls punches the wrong way, he doesnt react well when he gets hurt, he has no real power or intent on his punches, he's just not a natural fighter.

he got beat up by a bum in his last fight. i hate calling a pro fighter a bum, but compared to the hype of linares the guy is a nobody. losing to antonio demarco in a great fight is forgivable, but getting stopped in two by a nobody and knocked the hell out against salgado in one round is an indictment on your durability

if they were just shadowboxing linares would be a champion
        I know what you mean, I noticed that too last fight.

It's been a sad year for me in boxing. Gamboa shelved, lost Linares and now Sillakh. If he does come back strong he's gonna have to earn me back as a fan, same goes for Sillakh.

Comment

this dude and Mario Santiago let me down.

Comment

He just needs to stay away from mexcan fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by tupapa View Post
              He just needs to stay away from mexcan fighters.
              AHAHAAHHAHHA

Comment

I still have faith. Not as strong of a believer as before oviously, but still a fan of Jorge's.

Comment

Christ, this guy needs to make a move to soccer. His face isnt cut out for this sport.

Comment

Linares career is going to be fine, as long as he just STOP FIGHTING MEXICANS!

Comment

Working...
                    X