No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: Bernard Hopkins Fights Like a 35-Year-Old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson: Bernard Hopkins Fights Like a 35-Year-Old

WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson (31-1, 17KOs) says it was far from easy on Saturday night, when he secured a twelve round unanimous decision over Bernard Hopkins at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

[Click Here To Read More]

He can still fight competitively with the best in the division, its extraordinary.

Comment

respect. good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        respect. good stuff.
        yup, see thats what these scrubs on here dont understand man. I told them before that just from Chad's praise of Hopkins after the fight, the fight was a lot closer than people are saying. Again, i thought it was an even fight but gave Hopkins close rounds because he is a 47 year old legend fighting a prime young strong fighter.

if chad thought Hopkins wasn't effective at all and didn't earn his respect he would not have praised him like he did. he is happy that he got the decision because he knows it could have gone the other way.

Comment

Hopkins still moves very well, and his intelligence can't be questioned and makes up for a lot of what he's lost physically. Compared to most 35 year old boxers, yeah Hopkins still fights just as well.

You could tell Chad had a lot of respect for what Hopkins could do, and fought a calm, reserved fight because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
            yup, see thats what these scrubs on here dont understand man. I told them before that just from Chad's praise of Hopkins after the fight, the fight was a lot closer than people are saying. Again, i thought it was an even fight but gave Hopkins close rounds because he is a 47 year old legend fighting a prime young strong fighter.

if chad thought Hopkins wasn't effective at all and didn't earn his respect he would not have praised him like he did. he is happy that he got the decision because he knows it could have gone the other way.
            Dude, stop. There's no way Hopkins won enough rounds to have any case for winning that fight. At most he won 4.

Comment

BH keeps saying hes the last of a dying breed? But what breed of fighter has ever been like him? What fighter keeps looking young at 47? Its not as if he was amazing when he was young, its just he hasnt deterioted much and has declined slower and not so suddenly.

Comment

he won 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 11, and 12

Comment

Hopkins is truly a one of a kind...I still remember him at MW when he always wore his outfit and mask. Dude could still compete but should he is the question? I mean, who is he going to fight next...and for what?

Comment

Im convinced Dawson has a vagina

Comment

Working...
                    X