No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naazim Richardson: Dawson Has to Adjust, Not Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naazim Richardson: Dawson Has to Adjust, Not Hopkins

BoxingScene.com: What did the two rounds that was the first fight show you, if anything, about Chad Dawson?

Richardson: “Not much of anything. Two rounds of boxing shows me the same thing it showed me in the Robert Allen fight when we went out of the ring in Vegas. There’s nothing that Bernard hasn’t seen in this sport. The only thing that Bernard hasn’t experienced in this sport is Fan Man coming into the arena. Anything else, he’s been a part of.” [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    BoxingScene.com: What did the two rounds that was the first fight show you, if anything, about Chad Dawson?

Richardson: “Not much of anything. Two rounds of boxing shows me the same thing it showed me in the Robert Allen fight when we went out of the ring in Vegas. There’s nothing that Bernard hasn’t seen in this sport. The only thing that Bernard hasn’t experienced in this sport is Fan Man coming into the arena. Anything else, he’s been a part of.” [Click Here To Read More]
    OG Naz strikes again!!!!...BOOM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      OG Naz strikes again!!!!...BOOM!!!
      I like this part the best:

“For Chad Dawson to say Bernard’s scared, listen — when you look at Mike Tyson highlights, you can get intimidated, you can get scared. When you look at Klitschko highlights, you can get intimidated, you can get scared. What has Chad Dawson done that makes you scared? He can fight, yes, but it’s not like you see Chad hurting people. I’d be more afraid of Pascal than I’d be of Chad Dawson.

Comment

Richardson is always a fantastic interview. They don't make 'em like Naazim anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          I like this part the best:
          But if he wasnt scared, he wouldnt have ducked him for three years, and faked an injury to get out of the fight, rolling around the canvas like a clown

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Richardson is always a fantastic interview. They don't make 'em like Naazim anymore.
            Everything he says could be said in about 6 lines. He constantly repeats and embellishes and misuses words. Very tiresome to read through, unless you're a Hopkins lunatic, which I am not.

Especially when they've said all this before several times, both he and Hopkins, as if they rehearse together,

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              Everything he says could be said in about 6 lines. He constantly repeats and embellishes and misuses words. Very tiresome to read through, unless you're a Hopkins lunatic, which I am not.

Especially when they've said all this before several times, both he and Hopkins, as if they rehearse together,
              To each his own, but you could easily say the same about any top tier fighter/trainer combination active these days (or in the past, for the matter). Nobody is more repetitive these days than the combos of Floyd and Roger, and Manny and Freddie.

Personally, I like his use of metaphors and basic approach to analyzing the sport. I think he's very adept at giving interesting quotes and sound bytes. Nobody else in the sport speaks quite like him, that's for sure.

Comment

Naazim Richardson is a boss

Comment

Bhop taking the belt back to philly! wont be too exciting but oh well, mitchell fight is a great opener for vthis type of fight.

Comment

Dawson doesn't have Hearns like power so him insinuating that B-Hop is scared is laughable to me

Comment

Working...
                    X