Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Perez vs. Katsidis WBA Battle in Play at U.S. Venue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Perez vs. Katsidis WBA Battle in Play at U.S. Venue?

WBA interim-junior welterweight champion Johan Perez (15-0-1, 12KOs) has officially been approved for a visa to enter the United States. Plans are being discussed for Perez to make his American debut, and his handlers are considering veteran Michael Katsidis (28-6, 23KOs), who recently dropped an upset ten round majority decision to Albert Mensah. Perez is a tough contender, who holds recent victories over Kenny Galarza and Alberto Mosquera.
    [Click Here To Read More]

these interim titles got to go! katsidas just lost & could be getting a title shot again...a world title means nothing anymore. the interim champ is just the #1 contender

Comment

Here we go.

Katsidis the gatekeeper/journeyman.

Its official.

Comment

Good matchup, Perez is raw and had trouble with miranda who is a journeyman pressure fighter and not to the level of Katsidis, Perez drew with Mosquera but deserved to get the decision. The interim title was given to him more for being from Venezuela (WBA links) than earning it, won it from a fighter in fernando castaneda who had had only beaten a handful of people that had winning records prior to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          these interim titles got to go! katsidas just lost & could be getting a title shot again...a world title means nothing anymore. the interim champ is just the #1 contender

I also see no need for any of those titles. Just another way for organizations to make more money

Comment

Damn, Katsidis is officially gatekeeper status now.

This is a sad day for boxing.

Comment

I actually think Katsidis can have a little career surge but he really needs to iron out some of his flaws. I mean he's a big puncher that put pressure on his opponents non stop but he has to stop doing it in such a straightforward manner. His legs aren't totally gone yet. He has wear and tear on him but he can be successful if he adds a few creases into his game.

Comment

How sad it is to see Katsidis become a "name" opponents can add to their resume. Perez has the power to really Katsidis, and with the way Michael was eating power shots against the lesser punching Mensah and getting hurt, this could be a showcase KO for Perez - especially if he digs to the body, where Katsidis is REALLY vulnerable.

Comment

I think Katsidis' handlers should have him in against journeymen in his next 3 fights. In the same way that you look for a cornerman to save a boxer from his own bravery when taking a beating, someone should tell Kats not to continually take tough fights. Not that I know much about this guy he's facing but even if it's an easy fight he'll likely be in line for a hard one straight after.

I'm not sure why his popularity in Australia never reached the heights of Mundine and Green but perhaps that's something for them to work on as well. Build him up over there a bit more and then have him face a belt holder on home soil as one last roll of the dice.

Easier said that done of course but it's something they should consider trying.

Comment

Working...
                  X