No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez-Lee May Head To Toyota Center or Alamodome

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez-Lee May Head To Toyota Center or Alamodome

Let's call this incredible blunder exactly what it is, a black eye for so called higher education.

Just an hour before a Tuesday afternoon press conference at the Sun Bowl at the University of Texas, El Paso (UTEP), Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum was notified that the Austin-based UT Board Of Regents had decided to withdraw the welcome mat for his big June 16th middleweight bout between WBC champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and challenger Andy Lee.

[Click Here To Read More]

Why cant it move to LA?

Comment

They know those Mexicans haven't been very happy with Chavez Jr lately and might pop some **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        They know those Mexicans haven't been very happy with Chavez Jr lately and might pop some **** off.
        security issues my buttox

WHY cancle the Upcoming Boxing Bout. for Elpaso?

How are UTEP football games, Monster Trucks, or any other event at UTEP different from boxing?

and we held Conference USA basketball tournament here too. -_-

what a load of crap, we got Ft. Bliss, DEA,ATF,ICE, State Troopers, Sheriffs,EPPD, and who else knows what agencies watching over El Paso?

Comment

They should have just named the title of this article..."Arum has the judges palms greased. Lee's gonna need a KO to win now!" Ha ha

Comment

I'm sure Top Rank had a contract for the date. I hope they sue the university for breach of contract........

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Boxing fans in general are a concern, did you see those Argentinos? I've got to admit, though, Mexican fans, Coronas, and an unpopular decision (one way or the other) and it's on. Chavez has surrounded himself with controversy, drug bust, DUI, skirting drug tests. He's a time bomb.

Comment

WBC shouls get out of TX, even though last weeks Mares bout, in El Paso, was very successful...where were the security concerns...granted Chavez carries issues, but mayb there's not enough beer 4 him & the old man...seriously , pleanty of places 2 have this & bouts not til mid June...

Comment

Working...
                X