No announcement yet.

Hopkins Battles Taylor and The Kingdom of HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins Battles Taylor and The Kingdom of HBO

This Saturday, Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins will wage war not only against undisputed middleweight champion Jermain Taylor in their grudge rematch but also against television network HBO and the sanctioning bodies that are banking on Taylor being their future money machine.

In the rematch to their fight this past July which ended in a controversial split decision win for Taylor, Bernard Hopkins (46-3-1, 32 KOs) seeks revenge, redemption and to set the record straight once and for all before he finally closes the curtain on a long and successful career.

“I’m not going to take a chance on letting the judges beat Bernard Hopkins like they did the first time,” Hopkins says. “Jermain Taylor must get beat up and must get knocked out.”

Judge Duane Ford is blamed by many, including Hopkins, for Bernard’s loss to Taylor. In a very close fight, Hopkins came on strong at the end of the fight and was clearly the winner of the final round, but Ford gave the twelfth round to Taylor. If he had scored the round for Hopkins, as did the other two judges and many at ringside, the bout would’ve ended in a draw and Hopkins would’ve retained his titles. Hopkins is adamant that he won the fight. [details]

Indeed. If the fight on December 3 goes to a decision again, I just hope that it is a fair one. Although I personally believe that Hopkins will pick up where he left off in the 12th round of their first fight, breaking down Taylor even more and eventually stopping him in the middle to late rounds.

Comment

i agree.. im hoping that hop KO's him..HBO is setting taylor up to be the new "it" boxer because hop is almost 41.. but i hope bhop shows everyone hes still on top of his game..

Comment

i want to see bhop take it, hes the betting favorite so that tells you what the people who know their **** think...

Comment

Working...
        X